Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

simonpickard

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 1, 2009
Hello all,

I wish I could program. There seems to be a huge gap in the market for a small app that controls fan speeds in vista for macbook pros.

SmartFan doesn't support the macbook pro's fans, just reports temps.
Input remapper has conflict issues with the keyboard bootcamp driver.

I can't find any other software that controls the fans, just wondering how hard it would be to write something like this?

If anyone out there knows I'd love to hear about it. I'm sure there's a lot of people who'd pay for a small fan app.

Regards,
Simon

Mcchicken

macrumors newbie
May 7, 2009
bumppp
that's true..with so many app out there, I'm also surprise there is not a well written program that can control the fan speed in windows on a MAC. If there IS, please share it with me. I'm still new to the MAC world + boot camp.

natebookpro

macrumors 6502a
Sep 25, 2008
Maryland
Looking for the same thing here. In case anyone stumbles across this thread and didn't know... If you turn up the fans in os x with smcfancontrol before you reboot into boot camp then they will stay at that speed after you are in windows.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Another vote for smcFanControl. Handy little app, though I wouldn't mind a little more robust solution, irregardless this puppy does the job if you want to manually adjust the fan speeds.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.