iPad mini When will Target begin selling the retina mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Tronic, Nov 12, 2013.

1. Tronic macrumors 6502

Tronic

I don't mind waiting a week or so, hopefully not longer than the 22nd since that's what their internal system said a week ago. I would buy from Apple but now I've got this $200 GC burning a hole in my pocket and can't think of any other way to liquidate it.

2. lewis26 macrumors member

+1

I would have already ordered from apple.com if I didn't have the $200 from trading my gen1 ipad in.

3. wickedwahine11 macrumors 6502

wickedwahine11

+1 as well.

I have Target and Best Buy gift cards and was hoping it would be available - preferably at Target.

4. leosaysfosho macrumors newbie

If it ever comes out at Target, do you think we'd be able to come back on Black Friday and get that $75 GC?

5. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I also would like to know. I have a feeling that they will start pricing at $379, but I'm looking for a 32 gb white silver. That should be 479 plus I also have some more discounts with them bringing the price down to 429 for my iPad. I called three stores and no one had a clue as to when the would start carrying them or online ordering.

Can't wait!

6. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

Wondering why best buy has them both online and in store yet target has nothing.

7. ClemTiger0408 macrumors 6502

Taking a guess here. Target typically only receives shipments overnight. It sounds like the Apple stores that got Retinas got them at some point during the day today.

8. DanielNTX macrumors 6502

Different store distribution centers and inventory processing.

9. Patriot24 macrumors 68030

Patriot24

This sounds accurate to me. In my experience locally, Target, Walmart, and Best Buy tend to get shipments over night while the Apple store tends to get them in the late afternoon.

In any event, I plan on refreshing all of the aforementioned websites every 3 seconds for the next 8 hours. :cool:

10. HankHowdy macrumors 68040

HankHowdy

I just ordered my mini from the apple store and I already or the email to pick it up. Are we sure there is a shortage? It was like an hour.

I couldn't wait for target.

11. triple-tap macrumors 6502

My local best buy received extra trucks in the middle of the day. This truck is the source of our ipad mini retinas. I was there waiting for them to log the iPads into the system and bring them out front. I was happy to say the least.

12. comptr macrumors 65816

I called one of my local target's and talked to some one in the electronics department and gave them the DPCI number from the target website and they told me to call back on friday and maybe by then they have in store stock.

13. cxc273 macrumors regular

I don't know about my local Target, but I checked my local Best Buy at opening and late evening and the store had nothing.

I'd order from Apple, but I've got a ton of Best Buy gift cards I'd like to use.

14. comptr macrumors 65816

Anyone get Amy more info on target getting iPad minis in ? I called one target store far away from me and they said they never received a first shipment what so ever.

15. Tronic thread starter macrumors 6502

Tronic

The round up says supplies have been trickling in but they're still not listed online as available in store. haven't tried calling any of my local stores.

16. comptr macrumors 65816

well it according to the store I was at today they said just today they got some in.

17. rustyb99 macrumors member

18. thresk macrumors newbie

I did the Target trade-in deal they but since they don’t have the iPad Mini with retina in stock, I am left with an expired $200 electronics gift card :mad:

19. comptr macrumors 65816

If the card expires call the number on the card and let them know and they can send you a new one. Also go your local target and give them the dpci number they make have it now.

20. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I picked up 2 $100 visa gift cards using the iPad Trade In card I got for my first gen iPad. It did cost me $12 for both, but it was better than the Target card.

21. thresk macrumors newbie

Do you mean stores might have them even though the Target website says they're only available online?

22. comptr macrumors 65816

You do not get it replaced in the store you call the 888-635-0503 it's on back of the card.

23. bross00 macrumors newbie

Where did you do this? I just tried tonight in NJ and the POS terminal refused to accept the trade in card...

24. jjk454ss macrumors 601

jjk454ss

I just went to a register and swiped the tradein card as a credit card. Never had to even show it to the cashier. It was at the target here in Michigan.

25. LuckRunsOut macrumors newbie

Went to target today and I saw some ipad minis in stock but wasn't sure if they were retinas or originals. The picture in front showed ios7. Does that indicate a retina model?