When will the Apple Store have the new MBPs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MacAztec, Feb 24, 2011.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Just curious, how long does it take Apple to stock their retail stores after a release such as this one?

2. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

I suspect they are out today for sale. Can't imagine the old ones are on display - they just get to work a few hours early to unpack the boxes and set up the new stuff

3. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

How does inventory usually work with Best Buy? Since theyre the ones that were cited in the first rumors then I'm hoping its today since I've got a ton of gift cards there. But Im not sure if BB is forced to delay sales so Apple Store can grab 1st day/week.

4. Vantage Point macrumors 65816

Best Buy and other official retailers will likely have stock within a week and as soon as 2-3 days. The difference is simply that Apple gets the new models shipped the night before and opens the box the next day when they are announced so people can see and buy. Places like Best Buy can't be trusted with inventory before an announcement since that may lead to a leak - at least pictures of the boxes can be posed from employees smart phones.

What interests me is how quickly or not quickly the previous models get discounted. For example, Amazon has the old 15" MBP for $1,699 but it was $1,725 last week (I bought mine from Amazon on Black Friday weekend for $1,675). B&H Photo has nicely discounted the old 15" MBP to only $1,549 which is a good price - $250 less than its replacement

5. rwingscup19 macrumors newbie

Plano, TX Apple Store

I just went by the Apple Store in Plano, TX. They did not have them out on display or for sale yet, but the lady said they were getting them ready, so hopefully by Friday morning they would be on display.

6. KittyKatta macrumors 6502a

KittyKatta

Just answered my own Q. I'm in best buy now and just bought a 13".

7. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

A limited supply is usually over-nighted, but often sold out. Sometimes they won't arrive until later for smaller stores.

8. UMJD2002 macrumors member

Just got a new 13 inch i7 at Apple Store in Atlanta. Genius said they have plenty in stock!