When will the Apple Watch be sold in other retailers?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by CaneCollegeboy, Apr 21, 2015.

1. CaneCollegeboy macrumors regular

Im curious as to when can we finally expect to see the Apple watch being sold at stores like Best Buy, Target, Walmart etc. This release has been different from previous releases to put things mildly.

2. shenfrey macrumors 68000

Probably when they are being sold in the Apple stores.

3. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

Many believe that Apple won't use third party retailers to sell their watches. I think they are trying to utilize the try-on experience once the watch is available in Apple retail stores. After all, this product is just as much about fashion for Apple as it is a new piece of technology from them.

4. Mac 128 macrumors 601

Mac 128

Apple will be launching the watch on the 24th at boutiques in major cities including colette in Paris, Dover Street Market in London and Tokyo, Maxfield in Los Angeles and The Corner in Berlin, and select Apple Authorized Resellers in China and Japan, per their press release.

This website confirms it. I have contacted Mayfield Los Angeles, and confirmed that they will have inventory on April 24th, available for purchase by appointment (without a pre-order). So I think it's fairly clear that Apple fully intends to expand sales to third party retailers at some point, perhaps just not Wal-Mart for the foreseeable future. But I would totally expect them to eventually include Wal-Mart, perhaps after the second or third gen models have come out and for the Sport model only.

[​IMG]

5. applegeek01 macrumors 6502

I guess I should have gone into detail. The news that Apple will be selling the editions in HIGH END boutiques and jewelry places in SELECT cities is old. They are doing that, we have known that. But the OP asks about nationwide retailers, which I don't think will happen. And I might be speculating, but I don't think the OP was looking for an edition. I know that will never be available at nationwide retailers.

6. havenyoung macrumors regular

havenyoung

Seems like it won't be any time soon here in the US.
    While in China, from what I saw in Feng.com, some authorized retailers in cities without Apple Store got the whole try-on kit and even said that they'll have some in stock on release day, but will likely charge more than Apple's list price.

7. Apollonian macrumors 6502a

Apollonian

I don't think we will ever see the watches at Wal-Mart, Best Buy or the likes and I hope I'm correct. I do think we will see them in higher end stores, specifically those associated with "fashion". With it being the most personal device they have I doubt they would trust those lower end stores to present them to the public. I'm happy with this, I really can't stand the service I get at those other stores and feel the Apple products deserve better representation.

8. tonoboon macrumors regular

tonoboon

If I want to buy the edition , is that possible to get on 25th at Tokyo ?

9. anez macrumors 6502

anez

Anywhere that can be "trusted" to sell a $4000 Mac Pro should surely be capable of selling a $400 watch, surely?

Also, there are plenty of countries (like Ireland) where there are no Apple stores at all, and all offline Apple products come from authorised distributors such as CompuB and PC World.

I assume those retailers will eventually be Apple Watch distributors, but as to when, I couldn't guess. Presumably not until the actual B&M Apple stores are selling them, and maybe not for a while after that.

10. vi2867 macrumors 6502

vi2867

11. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

The Apple sales guy who showed me some watches today, predicted that even Apple Stores didn't expect to have stock until July.

12. Rogifan macrumors P6

Rogifan

Does Best Buy, Target or Walmart sell Mac Pro's?

13. anez macrumors 6502

anez

I'm not in the US so I can't personally confirm, but the BB website implies that they do.

Free shipping, as well!