When will the iPad 2 be safe to buy?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by rockinmorockin, Apr 27, 2011.

1. rockinmorockin macrumors member

Seems like so many people are having problems with screen bleeding and dead pixels. I had to return mine after a few days and get a refund because of these screen issues. Someone said Apple is getting a new LCD manufacturer. Is this true? I just want to get an iPad 2 and not have to worry about dead pixels and screen bleeding.

2. Mike84 macrumors 6502a

Why don't you search around on the forum? There are countless threads on this.

No one here knows when the iPad 2 will be defect-free so that we can all purchase it. There have been several posts on this already and many have written about what AppleCare has told them. In many instances, they were told that the new batches that were shipped a week or so ago were good, but it seems to be a lie.

Some have said 4 months.

Others have said mid May.

No one knows buddy.

3. slopokdave macrumors member

I would think the % of defects are very low as compared to totals sold.

I have a black, my wide has a white.... Some bleed on both but hardly anything that affects regular use. Only time you see it is on boot up and hardly when watching movies.

Hell, my 46" samsung LCD has corner "flashlights" (same as bleed). Barely notice it. I would have never until I went looking for problems from a forum.

4. Grubster macrumors member

There is nothing wrong with them. You are being anal. If you have a dead pixel, then I understand. But backlight bleedis only noticeable on a black screen with full brightness. Who cares about that. If they come out with a real fix, which they probably won't, then exchange. You have a 1 year warranty, just use it and enjoy.

5. ani23 macrumors 6502

6. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

7. AVR2 macrumors 6502

Why does it have to be a "lie", which implies deliberate deception?

"... it seems to be incorrect" would be the more reasonable way of phrasing it. Apple's sales people may genuinely believe that bleedless new stock is now shipping. Unintentional miscommunications do happen.

8. VidPro macrumors 6502a

VidPro

I don't know how you LCD TV people deal with this tech. Plasma should be ruling the world but no. :rolleyes: :)

9. itsmemuffins macrumors 68030

itsmemuffins

When Apes rule the world.

As for me. I'm enjoying mine right now.

I say damn those damned dirty Apes!!

10. Stefx73 macrumors regular

I bought mine a few weeks ago and didn't feel any danger.

11. Mac.World macrumors 68000

Mac.World

I got one of the very first ones, ordered within minutes of being available online. Minor light bleed, but no worse than my Panasonic LCD TV.

I'd say go get yourself an Android tablet.

12. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

lol

I say now is safe.