When will the iPad 2s come out?

rodman109110

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2007
If rumors hold there won't be a 2s, there will be an iPad 3 and most likely in the spring. Maybe an announcement in February/March and release in April/May.

AbyssImpact

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 6, 2010
If rumors hold there won't be a 2s, there will be an iPad 3 and most likely in the spring. Maybe an announcement in February/March and release in April/May.
I can't wait! Why do you think it will be 3 instead of 2s? Do you think it will continue to use the A5 processor?

iPhalandrew

macrumors member
Dec 4, 2011
i don't think it will be a 2s...i don't think they should go that route for the iPads. it's bad enough on the phones. it'll probably come out the around the same time the first two were released. I don't know about the A5 chip...but probably something a little faster considering that it might not be a total upgrade from the iPad 2. maybe even quad-core processors! :)

Julien

macrumors G4
Jun 30, 2007
Atlanta
I can't wait! Why do you think it will be 3 instead of 2s? Do you think it will continue to use the A5 processor?
The S nomenclature is used on iPhones because of the carriers 2 year contract cycle. This isn't applicable to the iPad or any other Apple product.

DrNoellyG

macrumors member
Nov 25, 2011
Quad core processor is the rumor going around. Of course this is meaningless information since it's all rumors, and we won't know for sure until either the day of the unveil or a few hours before, but it is still fun to speculate.

mmmtastybusch

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2011
I doubt it will be as late as May, rumor is (there's that word again!) they've already started production on many components. My guess would be early Feb announcement and release possibly on Steve Jobs' birthday (Feb 24th) or March. At least I hope so :D

tann

macrumors 68000
Apr 15, 2010
UK
the idea of it releasing on the 24th seems a bit out there I think. It seems awfully soon! I'd have thought it's more likely to be announced on the 24th and released early march.

Abazigal

macrumors G5
Jul 18, 2011
Singapore
What exactly makes the distinction between 2s and 3? I mean, how extensive do you require the upgrade to be before the new ipad truly counts as Ipad3?

I mean, some people still see retina display as more of a 2s upgrade...:confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.