When will the iphone 6 and 6 plus become widely available?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Daniel Quell, Nov 21, 2014.

1. Daniel Quell macrumors member

I find it very strange that the iphone 6 and 6 plus is still basically impossible to find. I live an hour a way from the apple store and it seems like none of the store in the entire state has an iphone 6 or 6 plus above 16 gbs in stock.

I'm a little disappointed and if they are not available by January I might just wait until the 6s come out next year. It seems kind of crazy that they sell out so quickly.

Does anyone have any idea when the iphone 6/+ will be available in stores again?

Thanks.

2. MacTCE macrumors 6502

I would guess not anytime soon with the holidays coming up. I know the carriers had next to nothing for stock, but have you tried a BB?

3. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

If history repeats itself, I think you'll be able to walk into virtually any store that sells these devices by mid January and pick one up fairly easily. Speaking of the US market here, of course.

4. Chatter macrumors 6502a

The 6 is widely available now. The 6+ is slightly harder but not really anymore with 7-10 days on shipping. No need to drive 2-3 hours. BTW, the 64GB is the unicorn. The 128 is more available - dunno why. Just buy online and have them ship it.

5. Mr Kram macrumors 68000

Mr Kram

in my experience, you just have to keep checking daily. i see available stock routinely and i live in Los Angeles. with that being said, the 6+ is still a little harder to find.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

I think many people need more than 16gb of space. Most don't need 128gb, and therefor are not willing to drop an extra $100 on space they don't require.

7. Chatter macrumors 6502a

Hmmm. Makes sense. I assume (?) that Apple probably would have figured that out and increased supply. Who knows, maybe they did and are selling out anyways.
    I managed to get a 64GB thru TMo for someone but I am one of those strange people ok with the 16GB version. I actually have 5GB available!

8. Resqu2 macrumors 6502a

Around my rural area the 6+ is getting easy but Verz said everyone wants the 6 and its a hard one to find.

9. ET iPhone Home macrumors 68040

ET iPhone Home

I say, they will both be readily available by Thanksgiving weekend. Apple's fixing the bending issue to limit holiday returns.:p

10. old-wiz macrumors G3

I don't see the availability catching up until at least the middle of January. I'm just hoping that there is not some secret way to slip Apple employees a $ 100 bill to get the pone you want..but I'd be willing!

11. Bobioden macrumors 68000

Bobioden

I went to the Apple Store one hour before opening the Monday and Tuesday after launch on my days off and was told they didn't have any 6+ in stock. I waited a week and went again on Monday, which is the worst day, as they get their stock the night before and I was told they rarely get much stock on Sunday night. I went back on Tuesday, was first in line. Was told they had 16gb Silver, or 128gb Gold in Stock. I wanted a 64gb, but for $100, went to the 128 and am glad I did. I love the extra space.

12. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr