When will the iPhone finally be more customizable?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by FACT, Nov 23, 2009.

1. FACT macrumors newbie

I have played around with my friend's new HTC phone which has andriod 1.5 and I really liked the look and feel of the OS. While I def appreciate my iphone's features, I sometimes would like it to be more customizable to fit my phone usage habits. Do you anticipate the next major software update for the iphone to feature a substantial revamp of the UI? I haven't seen/heard very many rumors about this sort of thing and wonder if you feel the same way.

2. patrickdunn macrumors 6502a

patrickdunn

Apple loves control, I'd say probably not anytime soon. Customizable to Apple is being able to add icons and rearrange them.

3. steve knight Suspended

steve knight

not till there is enough competition to force the issue if ever. apple as never been about giving customers choice.

4. thelatinist macrumors 603

thelatinist

Apple may decide to tweak the UI, but I doubt they will ever allow significant customization on non-jailbroken phones.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Never,

Just look at how apple lets people customize OSX - they Don't. In fact they made it increasingly difficult to customize OSX. I don't expect apple allow people to the iPhone more customizable.

If that's you yearn, then get a different phone because that's not what the iPhone is about.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

7. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

It seems stupid that you can't even use ringtones for email or other messages. Simple things like that I think would make people happy. I don't see any reason not to. Or the color of the screen even. It would cut down on the number of people who jailbreak.