When will the lines end?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sonmi451, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Sonmi451 Suspended

i couldn't pick up my phone Friday since the lines were too long. I went back Sat at 10a when they opened and there was already a line. I just want my phone I don't want to wait in a damn line. Fine I learned my lesson I will have it shipped next time. So when are the lines going to end so I can get my phone?

Store in question: Century City Apple Store

2. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

Atleast the next two weeks. After that things die down and you should be able to pick up your phone in peace.

3. noobinator macrumors 603

noobinator

Pay a friend a few bucks / case of beer to wait for you.

4. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Be a week or so. I hope they do not sell your iPhone as you only have so long to pick it up or it becomes stock to sell!:rolleyes:

5. Sonmi451 thread starter Suspended

You really think there will be lines for 2 weeks? I figured it would die down after a few days but I guess some people have to go in to get their phones that have the upgrade plans and trade phones in.
    --- Post Merged, Sep 19, 2016 ---
    I think it says pickup by Oct 8, but honestly I wouldn't really care if they sold it. It appears some stores nearby have stock anyway so I'm not too worried.

6. davidgolfer macrumors regular

The lines are awful, I had a reservation still had to wait 30-40 then took over an hour more.

7. isaihtb11 macrumors regular

The Apple Store near me (World Trade Center) didn't have a line for either walk in or reservation

8. Newtons Apple macrumors Core

Newtons Apple

Then there is nothing to worry about.

9. willmtaylor macrumors G3

willmtaylor

10. Sonmi451 thread starter Suspended

I'm not worried, I just don't want to wait in a line for an hour. Maybe I should try calling the store and inquire about the line.

11. ABC5S Suspended

ABC5S

Never go on the date that its released, and never go on a weekend. go during the week when people are supposed be working or at school.

12. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You might have to hold on the line for about an hour to get someone, they are all tending to the line.

13. mtneer macrumors 68030

mtneer

It depends on your location too. Even if there aren't lines and unwashed people camping outside the store, the most desirable models will be much sought after for the next two weeks, so it will be quite a hassle competing with the other die-hards in getting what you want. After that, things should settle down and return to more normal business at Apple stores.