When will the new Air come out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by supernet33, Mar 20, 2009.

  1. supernet33 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2008
    #1
    So when do you think the new Air will come out?
    I really want one and I have decided to wait until the new one comes out.
    I don't want Rev A and Rev B well 2GB isn't enough, i always put atleast 4
     
  2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

    mkrishnan

    Joined:
    Jan 9, 2004
    Location:
    Grand Rapids, MI, USA
    #2
    According to historic averages, the other notebooks get updated approximately every 200 days, although the Air update took longer. Right now, the Air is at 157 days, suggesting that an update would come somewhere between about 1-5 months from now....

    I personally am really interested in more availability of refurbished Rev B's... I'm somewhat tempted by that option.
     
  3. iMacmatician macrumors 601

    Joined:
    Jul 20, 2008
    #3
    This spring brings updated LV SFF Penryn CPUs.

    LV SFF Nehalem - last I heard, it was nowhere on the roadmap. It will come out, but who knows when.
     
  4. Airforcekid macrumors 65816

    Airforcekid

    Joined:
    Sep 29, 2008
    Location:
    United States of America
    #4
    I say this fall but I cant see 4GB yet rev D may have it mainly because the base mini still uses 1GB and snow leopard will probley only need 1GB to function. Besides its for web and email mainly.
     
  5. yorkshire macrumors 6502a

    yorkshire

    Joined:
    May 18, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #5
    I'm saying September, just after the back to school promotion ends.
     
  6. dubhe macrumors 65816

    dubhe

    Joined:
    May 1, 2007
    Location:
    Norwich, UK
    #6
    You don't need more memory, it's DDR3 remember, my MBA multitasks with ease.

    The MBA won't be updated for a while, the next processor for it isn't out yet and the demand for the Rev.B is still high. The Rev.A was quickly replaced because of problems with it, it didn't quite do what it was meant to do well. The Rev.B does, so why upgrade it?

    My guess, late summer.

    Anyway, as it does what it does so well, just buy now and upgrade to the Rev.C in six months, your six month old Rev.B will hold it's value well and I bet sell for 85% of it's original value on eBay.
     

Share This Page