Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

supernet33

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 29, 2008
So when do you think the new Air will come out?
I really want one and I have decided to wait until the new one comes out.
I don't want Rev A and Rev B well 2GB isn't enough, i always put atleast 4

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
According to historic averages, the other notebooks get updated approximately every 200 days, although the Air update took longer. Right now, the Air is at 157 days, suggesting that an update would come somewhere between about 1-5 months from now....

I personally am really interested in more availability of refurbished Rev B's... I'm somewhat tempted by that option.

iMacmatician

macrumors 601
Jul 20, 2008
This spring brings updated LV SFF Penryn CPUs.

LV SFF Nehalem - last I heard, it was nowhere on the roadmap. It will come out, but who knows when.

Airforcekid

macrumors 68000
Sep 29, 2008
United States of America
I say this fall but I cant see 4GB yet rev D may have it mainly because the base mini still uses 1GB and snow leopard will probley only need 1GB to function. Besides its for web and email mainly.

dubhe

macrumors 65816
May 1, 2007
Norwich, UK
You don't need more memory, it's DDR3 remember, my MBA multitasks with ease.

The MBA won't be updated for a while, the next processor for it isn't out yet and the demand for the Rev.B is still high. The Rev.A was quickly replaced because of problems with it, it didn't quite do what it was meant to do well. The Rev.B does, so why upgrade it?

My guess, late summer.

Anyway, as it does what it does so well, just buy now and upgrade to the Rev.C in six months, your six month old Rev.B will hold it's value well and I bet sell for 85% of it's original value on eBay.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.