When will the new Mac Mini be at Best Buy?

Discussion in 'Mac mini' started by dwburnell, Jul 20, 2011.

1. dwburnell macrumors regular

Questions above. Does anyone know from past releases how long it usually takes for best buy to get them in stock?

2. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

I would call BB and ask them. They probably don't know and can't tell you.. but letting them know that you're anxious will help the process. One thing to your advantage, the mini has been out of stock and on backorder in the US online store since June, so BestBuy is probably as anxious as you are to have some of the new minis on their shelves and in their online store.;)

Hopefully Apple has already built enough base models to go around. But today the Apple store phone customer support told me that my mini server was being built over seas after my order was placed and would ship in 3-4 days.

3. madman962 macrumors newbie

Curious to know this as well. Any BB employees who can check the system for the Sku's and see an estimated arrival date we would greatly appreciate it.

4. Lakaiguy85 macrumors newbie

I work at best buy , and its not even skued yet or the sku hasn't been posted yet once it hits the website then we can see when it might be in, but as of now I haven't heard anything yet!

5. dwburnell thread starter macrumors regular

Awesome thanks everyone! I just want to take advantage of the 18 months no interest on my BB credit card so I can pay it off in like 4 months without that pesky interest.

6. madman962 macrumors newbie

Thank you sir!

7. GeekLawyer macrumors 68020

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    Several stores in my area show them available now for in-store pickup.

8. madman962 macrumors newbie

It's currently on sale as well at $30 off retail. Not a lot but it helps.

9. srf4real macrumors 68030

srf4real

Both the 2.3 and 2.5GHz i5s. Processor bump plus 2 more gigs of ram = $200 more. No high end mini or server version, yet..

10. madman962 macrumors newbie

I ordered from bestbuy.com last night as none of my locations had one in stock to pick up. When I ordered, it showed delivery time of next week. A few hours after placing my order, I got another e-mail from best buy showing "Item Backordered" and that it would be an estimated 1 to 2 weeks before it would ship.

Looking at their website, they still show a delivery time of early next week. Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that it will probably take longer than what it has listed if you go through best buy. I had some gift cards to use so I'm stuck one way or another.

11. rob7heman macrumors newbie

I got one yesterday at best buy for 769.99 they are cheaper than apple.

12. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

BB will charge you tax regardless of where you live. Amazon sells the same model at only $6 off retail price but comes out cheaper if you live in a state that taxes are waived.

13. wolfpackfan macrumors 68000

I'm hoping to get one from BB next month when we have our tax free day.

14. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

Looks to be at Best Buy in the UK as well. For those that want to shop there. Still not available at John Lewis though!

15. hardax macrumors regular

Huh? I live in a sales tax free state and BB doesn't charge me taxes anything I have ever bought online or in store.

16. richpjr macrumors 68030

richpjr

You are lucky. We are excited in California that our state sales tax dropped 1% last month to 7.75 percent!

17. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

sorry, correction. BB will charge you tax if you live in any of the non tax free states.

18. Mr.C macrumors 601

I'm planning on getting a BTO with an i7 and a 750GB HDD so my only choice is Apple on line. I wish I could order and pick up at a local retail store as it would be so much easier. Trying to get one delivered from the online store is going to be a nightmare.

19. Dorfdad macrumors 6502

my best by has the i5 4gb ram upgrade for 769.99 is that the best one or is there an i7??

20. Mr.C macrumors 601

Apple offers a 2.7 dual core i7 with 4GB RAM as a build to order option on their online store. As far as I'm aware it's not available anywhere else. There is also a standard server model with a 2.0 quad core i7 and 4GB RAM but it has the integrated Intel GPU that uses shared memory rather then the dedicated AMD Radeon GPU in the dual core i7.

21. dlimes13 macrumors 6502a

dlimes13

Got mine at BB yesterday, base model. Plenty in stock also.

22. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

I've been there with a previous MacMini order. I knew I couldn't be in, they refused to deliver it elsewhere and have to drive to Staffordshire to pick it up!

Nothing wrong with staffs, but if you live in south Birmingham it's a right pain in the arse.

23. AppleFan360 macrumors 68020

Just picked mine up at Best Buy. They had several in stock. The base model is $569.

I called ahead and paid for it over the phone before going. They don't do holds.

24. Mr.C, Jul 22, 2011
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2011

Mr.C macrumors 601

I guess if I want to get one I'm just going to have to bite the bullet and hope for the best.

Edit: I just placed an order online for the 2.7 i7 with 750GB HDD. The expected delivery date is August 2nd.