When will the new macbook be added on Amazon?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by tarheel23, Oct 14, 2008.

1. tarheel23 macrumors member

Does anyone know how soon after an apple product release it is added on Amazon?

I have an employee discount through a relative, and w/ the fact that Amazon doesn't charge tax, saves me about 16-17% of the price I'd pay at the apple store. I'm anxious to get the new macbook soon since my ibook g4 is slowing down. I'm checking the amazon store every hour and its driving me crazy.

2. Thegaber777 macrumors newbie

Hopefully soon. . .

I am also very interested in this. The now tax will save me almost $200. So I did some research and here is what I found:

The older MacBook Pros were announced in January of 2006.
    They were then released February 14th 2006.
    Amazon finally added the MacBook Pros on March 17th 2006.

If Amazon follows this same trend then they should be selling the new MacBook Pros sometime in mid to late November.

However this is purely speculation based on the past, here's to hoping it comes to amazon soon :)

3. Bregna macrumors newbie

:eek: Well thats true but if u look at what amazon did with the ipods 3rd and 4th gen. the first one they announced like the next day, but didnt have in stock till like a month later, and then the 4th gen was out for sale the very next day, so im hoping they would do the same for the macbook cuz i SO WANT ONE!!!!!

Plus if they arrived to the :apple: Sydney, Australia stores, and are selling them as we speak then im pretty sure amazon doesnt wanna miss out on this!!

****I hope they dont*****:(

4. Bregna macrumors newbie

They are Available for Pre-Order!!!

They are already available for pre-order on amazon here is the link

Amazon.com New Macbook:D

5. guthy-lux macrumors member

thank you for the affiliate link.

It takes a month to come to Amazon? but it's two year's ago. Maybe a bit faster now?

I checked the iPod forum and seems new iPod became available two weeks after the event.

If something wrong with MB bought from amazon (like dead pixel), is it possible to ask exchange at apple store? If not, I might buy at apple store.

6. eduayala macrumors newbie

The 2.4 MB and the 2.4 MBP are available now on Amazon.!! :)

I'm still waiting for the 2.0 MB :(