When will the new MP come out!

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by apeden, Aug 2, 2011.

1. apeden macrumors member

I have been waiting all summer for the new to come out. I have the money, and I need a computer but I want to get the new Pros but....they arnt out yet? Any body have any news about when they should come out? Soon I hope :confused:

2. HawkEye40 macrumors member

No-one knows. Within the next 6 months, probably.

3. Mrguidogenio macrumors regular

Mrguidogenio

What are you talking about? The new PROs came out in February 2011. The next are coming in 2012.

4. HawkEye40 macrumors member

5. anim8or macrumors 65816

anim8or

Its my new pet peeve that so many people think When the term Mac Pro is used that people are referring to a MacBook Pro...

It really goes to show how misinformed many mac users are theses days....

I also hate when people stil refer to the Mac Pro as a G5!!!!! ARGH!!!

6. getz76 macrumors 6502a

getz76

7. nanofrog macrumors G4

We're looking at Feb to April 2012, depending on the exact date Intel ships parts and no delays from vendors once they have the parts (typically takes 13 weeks to get systems assembled for shipment).

8. apeden thread starter macrumors member

Its been over a year now, apple usually releases new computers every year. Why is it taking so long for the Mac Pro?

9. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

This is about the time of year where it always seems like it has been forever since the last update and an eternity till the next. It probably wouldn't be so noticeable if TB, Sata 3 etc hadn't made it to all of the other Apple products already whilst we wait. MP is at the mercy of Intel 1st, Apple 2nd. So now the rumors of the CPU's being released around November, but anything goes I suppose.

10. nanofrog macrumors G4

The MP is not a consumer machine, and they can only put new CPU's in when they're available. And new architecture of suitable parts for the MP are getting more complicated, so they take longer to develop (longer than a year).

So in terms of the MP, forget the idea of a year when it's new architecture. The die shrink portion of the Tick-Tock cycle can be, as the base architecture remains the same. Think more in terms of a 2-1-2-1.... (2 years for new architecture, 1 year for a shrink).

11. DasShrubber macrumors newbie

12. scottsjack macrumors 68000

Holy Cow! Does no one read the current threads here that constantly discuss what kind of CPUs go into Mac Pros and when the next generation is expected to be released and therefore when to expect the next Mac Pro???

13. CaptainChunk macrumors 68020

CaptainChunk

Apparently not. :rolleyes:

14. Topper macrumors 65816

Topper

15. t0rr3s macrumors 6502

t0rr3s

aye, the rise of the 'itouch' generation. gets on me wick that.

16. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Yeah, me too until I bought this Mac Pro dirt cheap from a guy selling it as a G5 inspite of my efforts to make him understand that it was not. He just came down in price even further, lol.

17. Ravich macrumors 6502a

Not a reasonable expectation. There needs to be a sticky addressing this issue concisely.

18. HawkEye40 macrumors member

Oh god - I know so many people who refer to their iPods and iPhones as their 'iTouch'. It winds me up nearly as much as people not knowing what a Mac Pro is.

19. chaosbunny macrumors 68000

chaosbunny

I can live with the "iTouch generation" not knowing what a Mac Pro is, I only hope that Apple doesn't forget what a Mac Pro is. :)

20. theSeb macrumors 604

theSeb

11th of October 2011

21. xgman macrumors 601

xgman

or why not 11/11/11

22. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

The Mac Pro is Apple's lowest priority right now, prepare to wait a while. I'm surprised they haven't discontinued it already.

23. Ravich macrumors 6502a

Probably because Apple isnt looking to send a chunk of professionals out there over to PCs.

24. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Thanks for that awesome contribution.

25. derbothaus macrumors 601

derbothaus

Well if they would change the freakin case already we would not be having confusion. I don't case if the "grater" goes away but at least paint it or something. Soon to be 10 years on the outside design.