when will the next generation macbook come out?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by magnagardner, Sep 23, 2007.

1. magnagardner macrumors newbie

I've had an iBook G4 since March of 2005. I don't plan on getting a new laptop until Apple comes out with a new version of the macbook. How long do you think I have?

2. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

3. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

no one except for Apple knows for sure, but based on the Buyers Guide I'm guessing we still have another 3 months or so.

4. GKThursday macrumors regular

GKThursday

If you look at the buyer's guide, there is a clear pattern of April-May and October-November updates with a few outliers.
    My guess is it will be announced with the shipping date of Leopard, not available until Leopard comes out (maybe Leopard will be required for some new technology in it).

5. magnagardner thread starter macrumors newbie

I meant more of a total upgrade, like iBook to MacBook, or what was just recently done to the iMac...

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

It is possible for the next one, but I think that the MBP will get a full redesign first, so I think that a complete redesign is at least a year away, but I could be wrong.

7. joebells macrumors 6502

I think they are moving away from plastic because of lots of complaints about scratching and such. Also for environmental reasons also possibly. So I think they might make the macbook metal this year.

8. Tumeg101 macrumors 6502a

Tumeg101

The MacBook will have a new design, and new inerds, in October with Leopard...
    Many reliable Apple rumor sites have said this, and these sites are good about being correct (they were dead on with the iPod Touch and Nano)