When will the next iPad be coming out?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by gamecube117, Jul 23, 2012.

1. gamecube117 macrumors 6502

I'm having trouble deciding if I should buy the iPad 3 or wait until the fall and hope for a new one. I'll be getting the new iPhone 5 in the fall, but probably because of the long waiting list, I won't be actually getting it until like November. Anyway, I can wait until November or a little after that if it's going to be released. I'm in no rush for the iPad 3 too, since I would only get the Wifi one and I'm using my iTouch atm.

2. Che Castro macrumors 603

Wow the iPad just came out 4 months ago

Just buy the new ipad

If it was jan or feb i would say wait

3. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

Each of the first three models were released in March. We'll let you guess when the fourth-generation model comes out.

The heavily rumored smaller iPad looks like it may come out with the new iPods and iPhones later this year. I would assume after that it would fall into the iPad's refresh cycle.

4. heavy2healthy macrumors regular

I read about a new ipad 3 basically with a better design than the one I bought coming out in the fall. That pisses me off.

5. Nevzorus macrumors 6502

If that's going to happen then i'll **** my bricks on Apple and ****ing complain.

6. mcdj macrumors G3

mcdj

The best iPad to get if you're worried about a new iPad replacing it is no iPad.

7. UKBeast macrumors 6502

exactly, every year there will be a new one. you dont have to use the latest one. do not try to catch technology.

8. h00ligan macrumors 68030

I wouldn't be surprised to see them move to a twice a year cycle.

9. elementskins macrumors member

elementskins

The easiest solution is to buy the current model, and, when it's getting close to the launch of the next model, pop the old on on Craigslist.

I just sold my 32gb Wifi iPad 2 that I bought in March 2011 at launch for $450 on Craigslist 3 weeks ago (early July 2012). A year and a half's use cost me $150, or about $10 per month.

I do the same for iPhone and MacBook Pro Air every product cycle. It keeps my technology up to date at a minimal cost.

10. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I would get the iPad 3 now rather than wait until next March.

11. heavy2healthy macrumors regular

Its not about complain its about screwing customers. Its not like it came out a year ago. Its like we could of waited and came out with a perfect ipad 3 but instead its better to screw customers and have them upgrade in 6 months for the ipad they should of got in the first place.

12. LittleGwen macrumors 6502

the iPad 3 came out not too long ago... so pretty sure you won't be seeing the 4th gen iPad until next year. if you want to wait almost a year, I guess that's your choice but I would just get the ipad 3.

13. roberthodgson macrumors regular

Just buy the IPad 3 it's a great product (using IPad 3 LTE) when Apple releases IOS 6 it will even be better.

If it was 30 to 60 days to the release of the next version then it would be better to wait but 8 months to release is way to long to wait.