When will the phone be regularly stocked in stores?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by TH55, Sep 17, 2014.

1. TH55 macrumors 68030

I know they usually take a while to keep up with all of the orders and never have enough at first. I want to know when I will be able to just walk in and buy it.

2. justinTlME macrumors 6502

justinTlME

Depends on the model. YOu can probably get lucky whenever, but my guess is you won't see a good supply of every model (of the regular 6) until mid October.

3. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Yeah I want the regular 6.

4. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

The regular 6 will be easy to get. The Plus, however......

5. skywalkerr69 macrumors 6502a

skywalkerr69

I would say at least mid October as well. Then most pre order shipments will be fulfilled and the hype will settle. You can just stroll in and get one. (If you're patient enough to wait)

6. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

For whatever reason, I didn't preorder the iPhone 5. Right after release, I was looking for one when the ship times were still a few weeks out. I remember having to go on apples site at a certain time when they'd update their stock, and try in store pickup. After a couple tries it worked, and it had my phone within about a week of launch.

If you're looking for the quickest possible way to get one without standing in line on launch day, that's probably your best bet. Otherwise, I'd think we start seeing the 6 in stores about 2-3 weeks after launch.

7. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Wouldn't the quickest way to get one now be to preorder on Apple's site?

8. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

Possibly, it depends on their ship times. I haven't check in a couple days.

Doing in store pickup, you might get lucky and snag one a couple days after release, but if ship times are already pretty low, it probably isn't worth the hassle.

9. TH55 thread starter macrumors 68030

Just ordered the 6, 64 GB space gray!

10. Steve686 macrumors 68030

Steve686

IF the supply chain is still having display yield problems with the 6+ screens, well past October. And depending on whether or not they launch China while having the display supply issues will adversely affect availability, also.

11. ZombiePete macrumors 68020

ZombiePete

Supposedly China isn't launching at all this year, so that shouldn't be an issue at least.

12. cymolia macrumors 6502a

Around thanksgiving, there will be plenty to go around for the holidays

13. chasgooses macrumors member

Honestly unless you are married to a certain color/storage, you probably won't have too much trouble getting a 6 on launch day. Like you could show up at 8 am and probably get whatever one you want, although it would probably take a few hours to get into the store to actually buy it. The majority of people in line are going to be aiming for a 6+ (especially the hardcore types who camp out). Also, I wouldn't be surprised if after launch day, Apple shifts some of the production capacity over to the 6+, which might make the 6 harder to find for a bit after launch day.

14. tgi macrumors 65816

tgi

I might have to do this. When do they update their site to reflect current inventory?

15. Taco1933 macrumors 6502

It's been a couple years, so I don't remember. I think it was somewhere between 10 and midnight. Someone on here told me to do it. I assume after launch day has passed there will be threads on it.

16. OneMike macrumors 603

OneMike