When will the "Pre-orders" get here?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by iSax1234, Jan 11, 2011.

1. iSax1234 macrumors regular

I know Pre-orders start for existing Verizon customers on Feb. 3rd and then the 10th for everyone else, BUT

Does anyone have an idea of when we might actually get our phones? Now to all those people, "I know no one here may have actual answers." When can we see our actual phones based on history with the first iPhone released, and can we see a huge backup if one doesn't pre order.

Thanks
    (Soon to be Verizon iPhone user!)

2. brando123b macrumors regular

I have a close friend that works in a Verizon retail store. The general impression at this point is that due to a 6 month ramp up of CDMA production, there will be no shortage.

Unlike most releases, there is nothing to be gained by any form of fictitious shortage. They are going to sell every last iPhone they can sell.

His recommendation is to pre-order if you're on Verizon however. That way your phone will get delivered from a warehouse. It will also free up inventory in the stores for the ATT customers jumping ship and walking into a retail store.

3. Zac7 macrumors 6502a

I am a vzw customer and i want to pre order but my fiance wants one and we want to change my plan to a family plan, which is hard to do online. Any suggestions as to what to do in my situation? Preorder and then take to store within return time and change plan or return it?

4. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

Random question, but is it possible to join verizon, and just get a loaner phone until the iPhone comes out? I'd just sell my current iPhone on ebay. I just get terrible service with AT&T where I live, and would love to get on Verizon as soon as possible.

5. Pink∆Floyd macrumors 68020

Pink∆Floyd

In about a week or so

6. Weiser878 macrumors regular

You have a grace period (its 30 days on AT&T, think its the same on Verizon) when you can return your hardware for refund. When I had to wait for my iPhone 4 after I'd already sold my 3GS to finance it, AT&T let me get a BlackBerry Bold for the subsidised price, and then when the iPhone 4 became availible, I walked in and returned the BlackBerry and bought the iPhone.
    They had to work a little magic in the computer...but they were able to make it work

7. CosmoPilot macrumors 65816

CosmoPilot

Generally, the pre-orders arrive the day prior to release.

8. shadrap macrumors 6502

In reference to the OP question. Didn't some of the iPhone 4 pre orders show up a day or two early before the launch day?

9. El Guapo macrumors newbie

Verizon does free over night shipping on their phones ordered through the online storefront. So a good bet would be if you preorder, it would be a day after the retail release of the phone. For my Droid X I was able to order it online the night before it released and it shipped the next day

10. mad-dog-one macrumors 6502

Depends on whether you're waiting for a white one. :p

11. djransom macrumors 68040

djransom

If the preorder is anything like the AT&T preorder was you will receive the phone in mail either the day before or the day of release.