When will the touch get bigger?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by kieronm, Feb 7, 2009.

1. kieronm macrumors newbie

I've been waiting for the Ipod Touch getting bigger than 80gb. Does anybody ever think this will happen. It's driving me insane and I know if I give in and buy the 32gb, the next day they'll bring out a bigger version.

Kieron

2. Quu macrumors 68020

Quu

The next step up will more then likely be a 64GB version followed a year later by a 128GB version.

You are going to be waiting a while but keep an eye on Samsungs flash announcements because if they announce a 32GB chip its likely those will be used in the next revision to the iPod Touch as-long as cost permits.

3. Brewerpaul macrumors regular

Not worth going crazy over! ;)

I'll bet if you bought a 32gig and they came out with a larger one, you could sell the 32 for most of what you paid for it assuming it was still in mint condition.

4. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

I predict 64GB in 2009, dropping the 8GB model.

Then three models, perhaps 20GB, 40GB & 60GB in the next major refresh, probably in September or early 2010.

5. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Agree.

Based upon the current design, when the touch goes to 64GB the iPhone will go to 32GB. This is simply due to the touch having two memory slots and the iPhone having one.

That's almost a sure bet. :)

Memory capacities will be in increments of powers of 2. Since there are two sockets in the current design, with each holding the same capacity chip, we'll see something like this:

6. goobedoutonmac macrumors newbie

goobedoutonmac

'Only buy if you need it'

Well, well...aparently, according to the Buyer's Guide, the touch is "approaching the end of a cycle".
    So, perhaps this is good news for all of us who are patiently holding out yet drooling at the sight of one of them and biting our lips to suppress the tempation of getting rid of the cash at once!!

J.J.

7. CSilver macrumors 6502

I really hope so... I really do... I am waiting for the 64GB Touch :eek:!!
    Hopefully end of this month :p I would love to see 32GB price drop :D

8. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

i bought the 1g 2 months before the 2g came out, and only had to pay shipping to upgrade :D. don't worry about a new one coming out just get it and be happy with it.

9. Brien macrumors 68020

Brien

It's also entirely possible the next iPhone revision will add a second flash socket allowing a potential 64GB iPhone, which would be great.

10. kieronm thread starter macrumors newbie

I just want a size that will allow me to carry all my music. I'm bursting my old 60gb so to get a 32gb when I want to watch movies is a major come down. The wait is killing me as everyone I know has a touch and they look great.

11. secondcup macrumors member

secondcup

Mack,

How did you get your upgrade? Did you call Apple directly or deal with a local Apple Store?

I just bought a 32, so I'm sure a new model will com out any day now!

;)

12. Mr_Brightside_@ macrumors 68020

Mr_Brightside_@

13. petitfez macrumors newbie

14. korndawg macrumors regular

How??