When will the WWDC Video be posted on apple.com

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by mtfield, May 31, 2008.

1. mtfield macrumors 6502

How long does it usually take from SJ giving the keynote to it actually being available to watch on apple.com? I'm debating between reading the online blogging by MR or waiting it out for the video... but im not sure how long i'll be able to wait!

2. meagain macrumors 68030

:( I thought there was a video on WWDC posted on the apple site. sigh

3. EricNau Moderator emeritus

EricNau

Usually just a few hours.

As you maybe aware, MacRumors usually provides a spoiler free link before the keynote, which can be bookmarked by anyone wishing to view the keynote without any knowledge of any released products. It essentially provides a direct link to the Keynote stream, allowing the user to bypass Apple's homepage, along with the MacRumors homepage, which will both contain information about released products.

I'm sure more information about MacRumor's coverage of the keynote will be upcoming as the keynote approaches.

4. neven macrumors 6502a

EricNau got it.

I'd just like to add that if you care about the "theatre" aspect of the keynote, the live updates from sites like Gizmodo etc. are a bad deal. They often fail to capture the "spirit" of the updates and of the room.

5. elbirth macrumors 65816

Yeah, absolutely. There have been countless times that I've seen something posted on the macrumors feed, only to find out when I watch the keynote for myself that it was off just enough to make something I thought was said be completely different in meaning.

Due to work, I have to watch the live text feed so we can mention new products asap, plus I wouldn't be able to wait anyway.

And OP, please make better headlines next time. I thought this post was announcing a new wwdc video on apple's site, possibly from the big todo from the 5th ave store closing.

6. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Good question. I was also wondering this myself. Good thing I'll be home on June 9th and waiting to see what Stevie unveils next !

7. kavika411 macrumors 6502a

kavika411

It unsually only takes a few hours, BUT sometimes the site is overloaded and you have to wait several hours, up to the next morning, to get through.

8. Nipz macrumors 65816

Nipz

Please change the name of the topic to "When will the Keynote be on apple.com?"

Its normally not very long! couple of hours at most.

9. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Wait.... so we won't be able to watch it live ?

10. atluten macrumors 6502

Apple stopped doing live broadcasts due to the high costs associated with it.

11. mogzieee macrumors 6502a

If your in the UK, it will be the morning of June 10th when it arrives on Apple.com

Thats about late afternoon of June 9th in California time zone.

12. elbirth macrumors 65816

there hasn't been a live video feed in several years. get with the program