When will their be a jailbreak for 3.1.3? / iPod Touch questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by metalhead777, Mar 30, 2010.

1. metalhead777 macrumors regular

I'm sure you've heard people constantly complain, but will there ever be a jailbreak for 3.1.3? I hate being under Apple's iron fist, I want to be FREE!!! Anyway, what is the damn difference between an MB and MC model of the iPod Touch/iPhone?! I seriously want to jailbreak my 64gb iPod Touch, but I CAN'T! :mad: :mad: :mad:

2. br0adband macrumors 6502a

br0adband

The current "community" of devs and people that actually have an apparent working Jailbreak for 3.1.3 will not release it, for whatever reasons they think are appropriate. Of course, it smacks of more elitism unfortunately - "Hey, look what we've got, and here's a video to show it off, but don't you dare ask us to release it 'cause that's not gonna make it happen any faster."

Kinda childish crap, really. If they had/have it, they should shut up about it or put it out, not do the bragging stuff...

Apparently they all agree not to release anything till probably firmware 4.0 is out later this year with the new iPhones. Personally I find it reprehensible but, that's what you get with the egos most of those devs and hackers have.

Comes with the territory I suppose. Nothing new to see here, move along...

MB models are 2nd gen; third generation models are MC, with the exception of the 8GB iPod touch because there is no 3rd generation model. It's the 2nd gen with a new bootrom so it gets called the MC model but it's still exactly the same hardware as the 2nd generation, there is nothing new but new bootcode, that's it.

3. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

Seriously, I was excited when I saw it, but I'm still pissed because they won't release it! Why not just throw it out into the public and let us jailbreak our *BEEP*ing 3g iPod Touches?! Ever since I got screwed out of the jailbreak because of my friend, I have been looking EVERYWHERE for a way to jailbreak. There's not a DAMN way to do it unless these guys release it! >:/ I seriously want a jailbreak for 3.1.3, if 3.2 isn't coming out. :mad: :mad: :mad:

4. auditdirox macrumors newbie

there is a jb for 3.1.3 (i have done a few already)
    you can do it manually or use pwnagetool:p

5. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

Not for 32/64gb iPod Touch users.

6. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

These people, the dev team, do all the research for free, set up the breaks for free, and release this stuff for free... they don't have to do that. They could go merrily along their way and set themselves up. But they don't... they do it all for free.

So seriously, I can understand the frustration about needing to jailbreak.. but are you really going to bash the people who provide the solutions ?? Did I mention they provide them for free?

7. Shanebenn macrumors newbie

OS 3.1.3 is a very little upgrade. There are only so many bugs or exploits in the iPhone coding that can be used to enable a jailbreak. They are not releasing a 3.1.3 jailbreak ever. When 3.2 comes out you will most likely be able to jailbreak. They are saving the exploit so that apple does not patch it until the next major revision.

So their options are release to public and have no jailbreak option for 3.2 or 4.0
    OR
    Have a jailbreak solution for the future.

8. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

Have you read what br0adband has said? It pisses us off when they upload a video, saying "LULZIGOTJAILBREAKANDYOUDON'T!" That's elitism right there. Sure, they do it for free, but that doesn't matter. Ever since 3.1.3 came out and my friend updated my iPod Touch, I've been pissed off with this piece of crap and I want it out of Apple's iron fist. If they were to release it, that'd be the end of it until 4.0 comes out. You know, I could careless if Apple patches the exploit with 4.0, that just means we need another exploit! That's what these guys do. Find exploits/crashes and release it to the public when it's capable of being released. The jailbreak for 3.1.3 is DEFINATELY capable of being released to the public. Sure, the iPhone and older iPod Touch users can jailbreak theirs, but what about us, iPhone 3gs and iPod Touch 3g users? WE'RE SOL! That's the #1 thing that pisses me off about my iPod Touch.

3.2 is iPad only. So there is no reason to not give out the jailbreak for 3.1.3. I'm not gonna wait another 3 months for a jailbreak! I WANT IT NOW!!!! :mad: :mad:

9. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

OK.... whaaaahhhhh. Dude get a grip, or better yet, get some skills and start cracking your own devices.

10. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

I would, if I knew how to. Why don't you go talk to them and say "HAIGUISE CAN I HAS A GUIDE FUR DUH JALEBRAEKZORZ?!" I don't know the first thing when it comes to finding an exploit. Otherwise, I would do it if I could. :mad:

11. Rhinestorm macrumors member

You do realize that they're not going to release a jailbreak for such a useless firmware like 3.1.3, because there may be only a few exploits to use until Apple fixes them all. Most people already have the jailbreak (excluding me). Only those with 3.1.3 and a 3rd gen itouch or (new bootrom) 3gs cannot jailbreak. Can't you just wait 2-3 months for the the new iphone or os 3.2 or 4.0 to come out so apple doesn't fix these exploits in time?

Look at this post...

1) It's your fault you updated to 3.1.3.
    2) Everytime Apple fixes an exploit, we have one less exploit to use. Eventually there will be no more exploits to use, because there aren't an unlimited amount of exploits that can be used... We need to conserve these exploits for as long as possible so more people can have them in the long run.
    3) There is a jailbreak for 3.1.2 and for over half the people with 3.1.3. You're a huge minority.

12. YsOuucK macrumors newbie

not soon...just wait until iphone updates or when the new ipod touch comes out :p

13. mustnotsleep macrumors 6502

I feel your pain as I'm in the same boat. I can assure you that once i finally do get it jailbroken I'm never going to dl an apple update again. Very very annoying to box us in like this. And ther is no legal justification to prevent the jailbreak of a iPod touch.

14. mrkillercow macrumors newbie

wtf r u sayin

15. Robb.Penoyer macrumors member

Look, we don't make this stuff up. Read the Dev Team blog http://blog.iphone-dev.org/post/376648600/pre-game-show

They specifically state that putting out any jailbreak limits the availability of future jailbreaks. We know it sucks, hell, I can personally empathize, but for sanity's sake, man up !

16. metalhead777 thread starter macrumors regular

Yes, this is what I'm going to do. Since Winblows decided to say "FU iTunes!" and destroy my iTunes, I can't dl anymore updates, unless I use the family laptop. I will NEVER download another update UNTIL they bring out a jailbreak for the next update. 4.0 will probably be the last update for my iPod Touch, if it becomes jailbroken. Unless they have better battery performance and it is jailbreakable, I will never download another Apple update again.

THAT'S RIGHT APPLE!