Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

malikkamran

Suspended
Oct 6, 2016
Pakistan
It's already available on every apple device under low power usage. Battery life always depends on your usage and screen brightness if you use power hungry apps games etc then the battery life will be lower the same as any mobile device.

The windows laptops with desktop DDR4 ram have terrible battery lives or are big and heavy or both in many cases. No apple would make very little on a fat heavy laptop with 32gb RAM its not worth their effort despite a very small very vocal online minority most people just don't need it in a laptop. If that is what you need for a specific use case buy a windows laptop.

Also people using laptops plugged in most of the time are making a compromise that is theirs to make but makes little sense when they could get a much more powerful desktop and a tablet for when they are away from their desktop. With remote log in and better and better tablet computers a laptop that spends most of its time plugged in is waste of resources on a set of compromises that have to favour the form factor of a mobile device.
I want normal usage 10 hour not low usage

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
I want normal usage 10 hour not low usage

Well you want something that is not being made then, because all the trade offs mean 6-8 hours of standard usage is about the best we can get with a computer with under 100whr LiPo battery (the limit on battery size allowed on a commercial flight) now if you had a 15 inch computer with a 99 whr battery and a ULV 15w or even a core m processor sure it may do 20 hours but who wants a computer in that size with that weight battery that underpowered?? I'll tell you who no one.

Reactions: HenryDJP
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.