When/Will there be a macbook announcement?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by maclust22, Oct 6, 2008.

1. maclust22 macrumors newbie

I have been checking through all of the mac rumors sites and none have posted an announcement for an Apple event of any kind. How far in advance does Apple put out announcements for events and what are the chances that they will even have an event compared to a simply product refresh on the site?

2. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

A[pple normally only hosts events for larger announcements. Apple would traditionaly not hold an event simply for a refresh to the MacBook/MacBook Pro lines, for instance. I would still expect to see updates shortly even if no formal event has been announced.

3. Chris Rogers macrumors 6502a

Chris Rogers

i was thinking the same thing but was kinda scared to ask since everyone is tired of the subject :p

4. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

No worries, never be afraid to ask something. ;)

5. Battlefield Fan macrumors 65816

Battlefield Fan

Personally I think your all wrong. These updates to the note books are going to be major considering they have used these same basic designs for years and years.

This simply is more than just a refresh.

Apple generally sends out invites a week ahead so look for news tomorrow about something.

6. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

Usually they announce their events EXACTLY one week before, so we should here something about it tomorrow if the 14th is truly the reveal day for the new MacBooks.

I remember when the Alum iMacs were going to come out they announced the rather small event exactly one week in advance. Same with the "Let's Rock" event and many others too.