When will they be at the apple Store?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Jhanson09, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Jhanson09 macrumors regular

Will the new laptops be available at the Apple store tomorrow morning?

2. Jhanson09 thread starter macrumors regular

I would assumer so cuz you can order one online today, but i don't know how long it takes apple stores to get them in stock.

3. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

i would think apple would have already stocked them in just in time for WWDC.

4. Aluminum macrumors newbie

Aluminum

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iProduct; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0b like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

Yes, tomorrow.

5. mogwai1 macrumors newbie

they are online now - woohoo

going into uni tomorrow to order :D

6. rawdawg macrumors 6502

I need a MBP so bad.

I went to the store in SOHO (NYC) yesterday and they claimed they had no new shipments and no info on upgrades.

I JUST GOT BACK from 5th Ave store where I asked the guy at 12:30pm if he knew about anything or if they have any new shipments.

He said no, and there's been no new shipments.

Guess I got to go back there to find out if he was lying..

7. ddeadserious macrumors 6502a

ddeadserious

I just called my local Apple Store and the employee said that he doesn't know when they'll be in, but they're hoping for the end of the week. Could be sooner, could be later.

8. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

None of the ones round here (Carlsbad, La Jolla, Fashion Valley (San Diego)) have any 13" ones yet (I didn't ask about other sizes). The lady at the Carlsbad store said they get deliveries 6 days a week and to try again tomorrow.

9. underwater macrumors member

La Jolla told me they should have the new 13", 15", and 17" tomorrow. Remember, if you want any non-standard CPU or disk options, you need to order online. 5 day lead time on the 17" MBP (3Ghz, 500GB, 4GB, Glossy). I ordered right after the keynote. Other parts like Cinema display, packaged software, etc already shipped and should arrive tomorrow... nice.

10. angemon89 macrumors 68000

angemon89

I was able to get my MBP same day back in February 2008 when the penryn model was introduced. It was around 8pm when my Apple store got their shipment in. By 8:30 I was walking home with my brand new MBP.

So, maybe some will get it today. Lots will have it by tomorrow.

11. Jigsawjammer macrumors regular

I went to the 14st store in Manhattan around 7pm to only find out they weren't in and to come back tomorrow.

It feels weird to now have to come to the MBP forum.

12. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

I may go by and check in the morning since the Apple Store is right down the street. You'd think since they are available today, the stores would already have them.

13. tekmoe macrumors 68000

I went to the Apple store in Willowbend Mall (Plano, TX) on the hunt for a 13" MBP. They did not have any as of yet. I'm going to check the Southlake store tomorrow during lunch.

14. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Great thanks! They must have got notification after I spoke to them.

It must have been driving the sales staff mad, having to answer "No we don't have any, and we don't know when we're getting them"

Going to go fully standard on the higher spec 13", previously I was going to BTO it to get the 4GB RAM but now the stock one is fine.

15. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

Does that mean they still had the old MB/MBP's on display? The "limbo" period is kind of interesting.

16. tekmoe macrumors 68000

Yes, all of the "old" models were still on display. In fact I saw a couple of people buying the "old" unibody Macbook's. Hope they got a discount on them.

17. Unprocessed1 macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

That's kind of f'ed up if the employees didn't tell them about the updates,

18. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

The Apple Store here closed this afternoon and opened back up with new crap all over the place, according to a friend of mine. I don't know if that means they have new computers or not. We'll see tomorrow.

19. tyr2 macrumors 6502a

tyr2

Well I popped into the La Jolla store and they don't have any, nor know when to expect them. 'Call back tomorrow' was the advice.

20. Jhanson09 thread starter macrumors regular

Kansas city country club plaza store had none and also gave the exact same advice.

21. Fazzl macrumors 6502a

Fazzl

i called a few local stores in LA and they said tomorrow they will get their shipments.

22. sportsfanMAW macrumors regular

Santa Rosa, CA and they said the same thing "they should be in in the next few days, call each day and ask!"

23. Skydiver32 macrumors member

New York Soho - had them this morning.
    Too bad I'm in freaking Chicago:mad:

24. Lipstick macrumors member

My local store states that they'll have them in tomorrow, if not, definitely by the end of this week. :)

25. AHDuke99 macrumors 68020

AHDuke99

Mine said maybe the end of the week. I went ahead and ordered mine online since I wanted the 7200rpm HD anyway...