When will they ever fix the volume bug

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by vexorg, Dec 21, 2014.

1. vexorg, Dec 21, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2014

vexorg macrumors 6502a

When will they ever fix the volume bug?

It's been there for years. I tend to have ringer volume high so I can hear it, and most apps have the volume low. If a message or emails comes in during an app, it leaves the app volume to the same as the ringer volume.

Just one of the small things that bug me. Like the camera app, when you go to look at the pics taken directly after taking them, it sort of crashes and goes back to the camera.

2. C DM macrumors Westmere

Not sure if most people have those issues, especially the camera one.

3. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

I don't have either issue. I leave my ringer close to full volume (maybe 75-80%), and my app volume at 2-3 ticks. Neither changes unless/until I change it, same as always.

And I definitely don't have that camera issue.

4. FreeState macrumors 68000

FreeState

I don't have either of these issues, and can't say I reminder ever having either of them (even in Betas). I'm on an iPhone 5s.

5. Sangoma macrumors member

6. cynics macrumors G3

Your first issue. Do you mean the volume that you set doesn't change (reduce) to the volume the app volume is when using that app?

I never had that camera issue.

7. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Had the volume thing since IOS6 and in IOS7 on 2 different phones now. Basically, in an app, say angry birds, volume set low-ish not to annoy people. SMS or email will come in, go out to look at the message, then back into the app and the volume is blasting out full.

Camera has only been since the 8.1 update. Take a pic while phone is locked, click the small image to see the pic, and it opens then jumps back to the camera.

Must just be my bad luck. Will go find out how to report them to apple then, assumed they;d be more common.

8. Jesla macrumors 6502

Jesla

Neither problem on any of my 4 iPads nor 4 iPhones and iPod Touch.

Go figure......

9. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

I always keep my ringer on low but have been getting a volume bug more often where the notification volume will be high when I get a text or email and then the ringer volume defaults back to low. It's pretty annoying when you have the volume low and then get this very loud notification.

10. drchimrichalds macrumors newbie

i rather just keep it on vibrate. having the sound on is weird...

11. MEJHarrison macrumors 6502

2 different phones? Did you restore from backup on both phones? It may be that the bug is in your backup and you keep re-installing it to new phones. Have you tried setting up as new yet?

12. vexorg thread starter macrumors 6502a

Always set up my phone as new. Never had to restore them.

----------

Not helpful, the phone might be lying in a different room, and generally have sound on if not in a meeting.

----------

Not helpful, the phone might be lying in a different room, and generally have sound on if not in a meeting.