When will they fix the alarm

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by atad6, Mar 8, 2008.

1. atad6 macrumors regular

Yes, I suppose this could be fixed with a custom app, but I think this is one of the overlooked features that needs to be fixed.

I want to be able to use my ipod touch as an alarm. I have a sound dock that it works with, no alarm clock but turns on automatically when the ipod plays. I've looked at ipod alarm docks but most seem to sacrifice audio quality for the feature to use an alarm.

It seems ridiculous that the ipod touch alarm can't be set to play a playlist and instead has to use the crappy internal speaker. Yes I know the touch doesn't have a speaker but hasn't "correct" alarm clock functionality been built into ipods for a while now.

Since the ipod touch displays time so prominently (when it's locked, at the top of almost every screen) I think that it should at least have basic alarm clock functionality with music, since this has been featured in previous models.

I know it's a small compliant, it's just frustrating that they would go backwards on such a small, easy to implement feature.

Any thoughts?

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

My thoughts are that they might address this in 2.0.1 for $20.

3. apsterling macrumors 6502a

apsterling

Enough with the price bashing. Ah hell, who am I kidding, they will and we all know it.