when will they put out a new macbook?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by dabills80, Feb 7, 2008.

1. dabills80 macrumors member

I'm waiting for the new macbook to come out and was wondering if anyone had a guess when they would put out a new one.

2. Techsavyfreak macrumors member

I would think they might update them at the same time as the macbook pro's, (which is soon if i had a guess) are you waiting to buy one, or are you just wondering?

3. Aranince macrumors 65816

The MacBooks usually get updated every 6 months...which would be March/April...but I guess its a possibility to be updated the end of this month.

4. basesloaded190 macrumors 68030

basesloaded190

i honestly don't see any upgrades to the macbook line until summer. if we are waiting for a mbp this long, that means it will take that much longer for the macbook to get a revision

5. Jason S. macrumors 6502a

6. dabills80 thread starter macrumors member

right now i have a pc and it's dying so I'm waiting for the new one to come out. I have till before college starts next year so there is no rush

7. Aranince macrumors 65816

8. kewpid macrumors regular

9. eXan macrumors 601

eXan

They just got recently updated (late autumn), they are at the mid product cycle.

Apple updates them approx. every 7 months.

And why current one isn't good enough for you? They have a faster (long awaited) graphics card, roomy HDs and fine RAM. You can't say CPUs are slow too :confused:

10. bekabug macrumors newbie

same boat...sort of.

I finally have enough $$$ to get the MacBook I want (black mmm) but I am waiting for the Tennessee sales tax holiday (March 21-23 - computers $1500 or less are exempt).

I know I could be waiting around forever for the sweet spot but I am definitely jumping that weekend. The screen resolution hasn't changed much from what I've seen in several generations of iBooks and now MacBooks...

It would be something that might greatly affect my purchase decision and I would be exceptionally peeved if that was included in this summer's updates after I purchased one in the spring.

I really don't see it happening but it's been on my mind. Am I justified in considering this or not?