When Will Verizon Get the iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevehookway, Jun 9, 2009.

1. stevehookway macrumors newbie

With the public slamming of AT&T at WWDC do you think this indicates a change in the wind? I was going to switch to AT&T just for the 3G S when my contract with Verizon runs out. But it seems like it might be worth it to stick it out a little longer...

2. iansilv macrumors 6502a

years. at least one as I think AT has legit exclusivity for a whiel and they might ahe just negotiated an extension.

3. bobsentell macrumors 6502a

bobsentell

When will Verizon get the iPhone? When they adopt the same cellular standard as the rest of the world. Apple is not going to build a model specifically for Verizon when the one they have works one a lot more networks.

4. stevehookway thread starter macrumors newbie

I can't remember where I read this scrap of information - and of course everything we read on the web is true - but isn't there a rumor floating around about a mini-iphone or a similar apple device on verizon?

5. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I agree.

6. kdarling macrumors demi-god

kdarling

Why? Some say it's because Apple doesn't like more than one factory line.

Otherwise, Apple is just as competent as Palm or RIM or any other phone provider who makes both CDMA and GSM versions.

They've already switched radio chips once... perhaps twice, depending on what we find in the 3G S.

7. beamer8912 macrumors 65816

Ummmmm....Blackberry.....