When will we be able to buy the new macs??

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Vessy, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Vessy macrumors newbie

So assuming that the notebooks will be released on Tuesday, how long do you think we will have to wait until we can walk into an apple store and buy one? Order one online?

The reason I ask is because I have been waiting day by day since July for a new one (currently running a PowerBook G4) and have run out of patience! Of course I'm not going to buy a MBP now, but I'm just curious to see when people think they will be for sale.

I've only recently found this site so I do not know Apple's habits when it comes to media events and when the products are for sale. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

I'm guessing they should be available pretty soon if not immediately. It has been quote a while since a laptop refresh has come out so i'd think they would be shipping pretty soon.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

correct me if i'm wrong but most of the newly released macs and ipods in the past years were available immediately (with the exeption of a few versions like 16GB Nano). I thought it was apples strategy to have the items available at release date. I earlier years it was more common to have weeks between release and availability.

4. Vessy thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, that is great news!!!

I am really sick of this G4 and cannot wait for the new MPB. I don't have class or work tomorrow so I know what I'll be doing tomorrow morning...

5. Rlkv011 macrumors regular

If I remember correctly the Macbook Air took about 2 weeks or so until it was available in store. I think revisions are available immediately and new products might take a while longer.

6. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

We'll know tomorrow.

My friend's heading over to the Apple Store after work tomorrow to try to get a new MacBook (replacing his tired old 12" PowerBook G4).

I'll be headed towards the airport for a business trip... :mad:

7. zer0tails macrumors 65816

zer0tails