When will we find out about the new MBP's?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theman123, Jan 23, 2011.

1. theman123 macrumors member

So it seems like April of this year is when the Macbooks will get an update. But when does this usually get announced? I've never kept up with apple, but when do they usually announce? A month in advance, a couple months?

Thanks guys!

2. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

3. flat five macrumors 601

flat five

they usually announce them on the same day that they are available for purchase.

4. theman123 thread starter macrumors member

5. aCondor macrumors 6502

6. nospeed411 macrumors 6502a

never we are stuck here for life...however we are getting a new iPad.... Does apple still make laptops?

7. jjahshik32 macrumors 603

I think we'll find out a day before the announcement.

8. Funkymonk macrumors 6502a

Funkymonk

How far before an announcement does apple announce an announcement?

9. Mr. Chewbacca macrumors 6502a

Mr. Chewbacca

76.2 hours

10. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

Why April? It has never been a whole year between two consecutive updates of the MBP.

11. bigjobby macrumors 65816

... there's always a first.

The i5/i7 chips were released early Jan last year and those MBPs were not released until April. So SandyB was released about the same time this year so I wouldn't be surprised at an April MBP release or close to it (assuming Apple are running with SB).

12. tom vilsack macrumors 68000

tom vilsack

just a wild quess...

right now apple is all about the ipad and iphone...with lion coming out hopefully some time this summer,i would think it would make perfect sence to wait on sandy mbp's until same time...

13. torbjoern macrumors 65816

torbjoern

If Apple suddenly decides to release the next MBP 14 months after the previous release, they'll beat the record with 40 %. Until now, the average is 7 months, max is 10 months. I see it as very unlikely. However - if they release the next MBPs along with 10.7, I will buy one of the current ones instead. There is no way I want to be a beta-tester for OS X Lion.

14. lifeguard90 macrumors 6502a

Currently, the iphone 4 hype is more of a Verizon thing than an all Apple focus. The ipad and mbp came out same time last year as well. Also keep in mind of cpu shortages last year and the delays to get the new processors out, all the leaks and ads etc... This time is different according to speculation and Intel. Back in July Paul Otellini said manufacturing of Sandy Bridge chips were greatly increased because of their clients warm reception of the testing chips. Apple was said to have been testing the chips for months, being reported in December or before hand. All of this points to a quicker turn around from announcement of the chips to implementation of them into macbook pro for sure/ possibly macbook. Theres a first for everything, look at the Air's delay, but mbp is a different breed of laptop, ( as it stands today and I'm willing to bet updates will be before April. And that flash storage on some level will be an almost certain feature, AMD gpu for the high end mbp, and screen res bump to bring lower macbook/mbp on par with the airs new high res.