When will we get shipping info?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by vishalc, Apr 10, 2015.

1. vishalc macrumors regular

vishalc

I know we just ordered our watches last night and you may think I'm crazy. But how will shipping work (mine says 4/24 - 5/8)?

So will we know our item has shipped only a few days before the 24th? Meaning when will receive shipping info? How long does FedEx hold them for before shipping out?

I usually do store-pickup so I'm not really too familiar with pre-ordering for home shipment.

Thanks. Any replies are appreciated, I can hardly wait for this thing!

2. specik macrumors 6502

specik

Assuming Apple is aiming for delivery on the 24th, they will ship it several days prior. You'll get tracking information at that time. However, there is typically an embargo where they tell FedEx they can't deliver it until launch date, even if it's at your local facility days ahead of the 24th.

Additionally, last time I ordered something during launch it was shipped UPS (my iPhone 6 Plus). Not sure if that was a fluke or not.

3. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

With the iPhone 6 (which was only 1 week between pre-orders) I ordered on the 12th, notified on the 18th and received on the 19th.

4. vishalc thread starter macrumors regular

vishalc

Ok. Thanks! Yeah I don't care if its UPS/FedEx. It would just be cool to see that my Watch is in the country and can easily make it on the 24th (it would be great to know this like 4-5 days before the 24th).

5. MeFromHere macrumors 6502

Didn't you get a confirmation email about your order from Apple? Did you read it? Does it contain the answer to your question?

I bet you'll learn more by reading official communications from Apple than by reading opinions at a web site devoted to rumors.

6. vishalc thread starter macrumors regular

vishalc

Yeah I read it. I'm just wondering when Apple typically will provide more shipping info. That's all. I'm asking people who have previously pre-ordered iPhones. If you don't know, its fine. I'm just asking for past experiences.

7. JLEW700 macrumors 6502

I think theres something in the FED EX or UPS system where you can put your Apple order number into the tracking field and it will sometimes give you shipping information before Apple updates it for you.

8. KauaiBruce macrumors 6502a

KauaiBruce

HMMM. Shipping info when it ships? :D

Actually I think we could get our tracking numbers as soon as they are packaged and assigned.

9. MeFromHere macrumors 6502

In my limited experience, I didn't get any definite info until they sent me the "it shipped!" email. From that point, the package tracking was pretty nearly perfect.

10. Vundu macrumors 65816

Vundu