When will we learn whether grandfathered data plans can be transferred to the ipad2?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by anthonymoody, Mar 3, 2011.

1. anthonymoody macrumors 68020

Title says it all. I have the grandfathered unlimited data plan on my 3G iPad.

I am getting the ipad2 either way, but I'd really prefer to take my current data plan along for the ride, if only so as to not have to think about managing my data usage (and yes, I have gone over the limit of the current large plan).

2. iMJustAGuy macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Of course you can! It's just a swap of your SIM card is all that's needed. This won't affect your plan in any way. :)

3. bidwalj macrumors 6502a

i was wondering the same thing but i kept my active sim for the new 3g. Hopefully it works, if not then i might just opt for the wifi and use my iphone as the hotspot.

4. edk99 macrumors 6502a

I'm going to switch to the hot spot using my iPhone. For $20 more month I'll have 4gb to share between phone and iPad.

But if you have unlimited on the iPad now like the other person said all you have to do is to put your iPad1 SIM into the iPad2

5. takufu01 macrumors regular

Can I ask what you did to get grand fathered for unlimited data on your IPad?...

6. darngooddesign macrumors G3

They signed up for the unlimited plan back when it was offered.