When will we see Montevina in MBP??

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by InSaNeCyAnUr, Dec 4, 2007.

1. InSaNeCyAnUr macrumors member

I'm really looking foward to this major update an I'd like to know if we might see this in the near june 08 update?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

3. xUKHCx Administrator emeritus

xUKHCx

What about Calpella, that is the one i'm looking forward to.

4. Techguy172 macrumors 68000

Look at Intel's Road Map it will have all this on it.

5. starman0147 macrumors member

Can someone please enlighten me on the importance of Montevina and why it’s such a big deal even though the Penryn is just round corner? Having just had a brief look at the roadmap of the Intel chip isn’t thing everyone should be waiting for Calpella which will be a quad chip and support SSD as its principle storage.

Thanks.

6. jumpinjoe macrumors member

I saw a roadmap that said Q2 08 for the mobile Montevina platform. That would be right around the bend.

7. gazfocus macrumors 68000

gazfocus

The montevina platform was originally set to be released in May 2008, but there are rumours that Intel have pushed this back due to the issues they've been experiencing with the Penryn CPU's. I wouldn't expect it to be seen in the MBP or iMac's til around August.

8. starman0147 macrumors member

So what kind of increase in performance will Montevina have over Penryn? and Calpella over Montevina? Not that I am going to wait 6 month or a year for either but just out of curiosity.

9. bubble27 macrumors regular

Yeh it is then, april/may. Dont you guys think that apple might not release penry and go straight for the montevina in april may? its not far away. Or is it not apples style?

10. Srestrepo macrumors member

Apple usually follows the Roadmap but when it comes to penryn and Montevina, apple can easily update to penryn today. But from what I understand the situation to be is that updates would occur a little bit before Montevina release. From articles I read they could just skip Penryn phase (penryn with SR) and update to Montevina (Penryn with Montevina) when its released. Just my 2 cents. If I were apple I'd just wait for Montevina, you can get Wimax is it.

11. Srestrepo macrumors member

Yes, the SSD as the principle storage will be great and quad chip but we have to wait about a 1.5 years from today.

12. starman0147 macrumors member

Really? I read it will be out in December 2008 so presume it will be in the MBP for macworld 2009

13. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Core 2 Extreme QX9300 in May.