When will we see OS 2

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Frankiec13, Sep 18, 2015.

1. Frankiec13 macrumors regular

2. iMacDragon macrumors 65816

iMacDragon

3. DeltaMac macrumors 604

DeltaMac

You will see WOS 2 when Apple is ready to release it. So far - not...

4. Bob190 macrumors 6502

As of 9/16/2015 ... Shortly.

5. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

6. telefono macrumors 6502

telefono

Question that many of us are asking with no answer

7. spytech macrumors regular

8. adcx64 macrumors 65816

adcx64

9. btrach144 macrumors 65816

btrach144

I think Apple has given up on the Apple Watch. They clearly don't care anymore. We're two days past the expected launch date and we are still at 1.0.1. Kinda lame Apple. Come on, please don't give up on Apple Watch!!!!!!!!!!!1

10. Frankiec13 thread starter macrumors regular

I don't think they have given up but do agree it is very Lame

11. Thepixelsedge macrumors regular

it'll probably come out one week after it was supposed to on wednesday. My next guess would be monday. Either way I just hope its fixed when it drops and besides, a lot of people used to say "if steve were still alive he would,..." Well, I think in this case, if theres a big problem he would hold it for a month if he had to.

Also there's no way they've given up. They have probably already invested a billion $$ in R&D at least. They are just getting started. The apple watch (and other smartwatches) are gonna be the key, wallet, ID, etc, remote control for your life in the future. Think about what can happen when developers get their hands on it. You can walk out your door naked with just a watch if you want and you can still:

pay for things
    start your car
    call an uber
    open your front door (or hotels)
    control your lights
    open your garage
    control your thermostat
    eventually probably some form of state issued apps that ID you
    eventually ALL your health data, not just what Apple tracks now but EVERYTHING
    etc etc

All with a watch? They haven't given up. In 10 years it'll be the remote control for your life.

12. redman042 macrumors 68020

Only about 15 people in the world know the answer to this question.

And Tim Cook is not letting them go home until it's released.

13. joewilliamsca01 macrumors newbie

I agree. Apple will release it once it's ready. I'm sure there are many people working on and testing watchOS 2 right now and through the weekend till they have a release to send out. Bet there is a little bit of pressure from upper management with lots of status calls going on through the weekend too... I would not want to be part of that team right now :)

14. Denmac1 macrumors 6502a

Denmac1

At one point I thought it was good when Tim came out and admitted the Maps issue. Now it seems that transparency is fading.
    Not trying to go into the 'Steve' thing, but it appears that somewhere down the line, there just isn't that final 'check' anymore before things are released. As the teams have either gotten larger or more distant, I personally don't see the true integration that existed before, therefore creating gaps in the QC that we use to enjoy. Has there been issue in the past? Definitely, but they don't seem to be of this nature or magnitude. Yes, the software now is much more complex, but the knowledge base should match that curve and I don't see that at this current level.
    I just hope it's part of the growing pains and not at an ego level based on what certain team members feel what should happen.

15. redman042 macrumors 68020

They caught the bug and withheld the release to fix it. How exactly is that a failure to implement QC?

If anything I'd say they are doing better. iOS 9 is great. WatchOS 2 will likely be great too. The fact that they held it back to make it better is encouraging. The fact that people are up in arms over having to wait another week is... well... unsurprising but unnecessary.