when will we see updates to MBP 13"?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by cleung, Oct 22, 2009.

1. cleung macrumors regular

I'd need to buy a new 13" MBP soon. My Rev A 15" MBP seems to be slowly dying despite a replaced hard drive earlier this year. I've also replaced the battery and upgraded to 2GB RAM. Given this week's update to the 13" MB, how long would I be waiting if I were to wait for the next update?

2. The Samurai macrumors 68000

The Samurai

I would say January/Feb with a slight spec bump if at all

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

I honestly would not be surprised if the 13" MBP had some weird little and probably insignificant silent update overnight. Unannounced, unrumored, little press etc and all this before Christmas.

I think a processor boost at least but I am crossing my fingers for a freaking matte option. Wishful thinking nowadays i believe but a girl can dream.

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

they did the "silent" speed updates late last year, or even early this year if I remember correctly. It may have been across the MBP and iMac lines..

5. Squonk macrumors 65816

Squonk

I'd like to see the 2.26 to at least have the 250GB drive like the new MB, but then the 2.53 13" would need to be bumped up too. Well it wouldn't need to, but Apple typically differentiates them as such.

A matte screen option would be outstanding as well.

Besides the hard drive and maybe a *slight* processor bump, what else could there be?

/Wishful thinking...

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

If Arrandale is ready in few weeks, then we may see an update before next year, but honestly, nobody knows