WHEN will you upgrade? (if at all)

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjandnw, Jun 9, 2009.

?

When will you upgrade to iphone 3gS

Poll closed Jun 30, 2009.
  1. ASAP June 19th -I am not concerned about the price

    17 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. When I can upgrade for $399 / $499

    1 vote(s)
    1.5%
  3. When I can upgrade for $199 / $299

    15 vote(s)
    22.1%
  4. I do not plan to upgrade

    19 vote(s)
    27.9%
  5. Now, but I can do it for $199/ $299

    16 vote(s)
    23.5%
  1. cjandnw macrumors 6502

    Joined:
    Jun 11, 2007
    Location:
    South Jersey
    #1
    I am a little disappointed with the pricing, but I DID sign a contract.
    I will be waiting until December 19 when I can upgrade at the $199 / $299 price point. Currently I am in the limbo area of $399 / $499 zone until then. ???

    There are not enough new hardware changes for me to shell out that much $$$.

    3.0 has plenty to keep me happy.
     
  2. MattZani macrumors 68030

    MattZani

    Joined:
    Apr 20, 2008
    Location:
    UK
    #2
    Hoping to be there June 19th with my £540 ($880) To get my New 3GS 32Gb, but it is ASAP, when i have the money, i'll be getting one.
     
  3. gdeputy macrumors 6502a

    gdeputy

    Joined:
    Jul 23, 2008
    Location:
    New York
    #3
    if I can get 350 for my 3g 8gb I might be willing to shell over 50 bucks for a 16gb 3gs but I don't see myself paying 500 for 32gb, maybe I'll just wait it out dunno..
     
  4. twoodcc macrumors P6

    twoodcc

    Joined:
    Feb 3, 2005
    Location:
    Right side of wrong
    #4
    since i have a family plan, the line is ready for an upgrade. so i might just go ahead and do it now
     
  5. RKilbane20 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2009
    #5
    Ive had the V1 for 2 years its time for an upgrade.
     
  6. mgamber macrumors 6502a

    mgamber

    Joined:
    Jun 12, 2008
    Location:
    1966
    #6
    Maybe next year. Having a 3G now, I just don't see any reason to bother and I can think of a thousand things I'd rather do with that kind of money, most of which are more fun and less aggravating!
     
  7. orange42 macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2009
    #7
    I got my 3G two months ago so I don't plan to upgrade. I just don't see it being worth it with not that many new features.
     
  8. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

    ucfgrad93

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2007
    Location:
    Colorado
    #8
    I will upgrade when I can get it for $199/$299.
     
  9. doubleatheman macrumors 6502a

    doubleatheman

    Joined:
    May 27, 2009
    #9
    I use the orginal phone for 2 years it's time to use my upgrade.
     
  10. mproudfoot macrumors member

    mproudfoot

    Joined:
    Jul 10, 2008
    #10
    Not sure really - my original 8gb iPhone is at the end of it's contract but I never did consider the 3G to be much of an upgrade and likewise with the new one. That said, my old 2G is looking a little battle-scarred so perhaps it is time to reload with a new model - depends on how good a deal o2 come up with, otherwise, I'll stick with the current one and go onto a rolling contract.
     
  11. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

    Nicolecat

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2008
    #11
    Holding out for better changes...1 megapixel difference, video, voice, and a compass is nothing to jump on the bandwagon for (though, should have already been as such for the current 3g...another topic all together)
     
  12. Andruw91 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Dec 25, 2008
    Location:
    Connecticut
  13. Hutch1 macrumors 6502a

    Hutch1

    Joined:
    Jul 24, 2008
    Location:
    Guelph, ON
    #13
    I can wait for 4G, then I'll update my 3G with 3.0 will do just fine. No big need for a video cam or a compass on my phone right now.
     
  14. rohn macrumors member

    Joined:
    Sep 18, 2007
    Location:
    Lake Worth, FL
    #14
    I have an original 8GB iPhone, of which I'm eligible for an upgrade. If I can sell my 2G iPhone, than I will get the new iphone 3GS.
     

Share This Page