When wll Apple start advertising the ipad 3 ?

marc55

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
When do you think Apple will begin to put out information on the ipad 3?

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
do they have a schedule for these announcements, or they have an announcement for an upcoming announcement?

Comment

bri1212

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008
Expect an announcement sometime in Late Feb, March, or April,
with release sometime after that announcement. As we all know this Keynote and announcement may be delayed, at Apple's discretion.

Comment

chuges

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
Last year they made the announcement in late february and released it in early march. I would expect it to be the same this year

Comment

turbobass

macrumors 6502
May 25, 2010
Los Angeles
Last year they made the announcement in late february and released it in early march. I would expect it to be the same this year
Perhaps but there's been some scuttlebutt that they're moving the iPhone to earlier in the mid-summer so that might mean a change from last year's schedule for the pad.

Comment

chuges

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2011
Perhaps but there's been some scuttlebutt that they're moving the iPhone to earlier in the mid-summer so that might mean a change from last year's schedule for the pad.
true...and if that does happen, it's possible (aka i hope) that apple makes the ipad release date earlier so that they space their 2 big ios events half a year from each other

Comment

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
argh i just hope its fast.
Come on apple where's that media event announcement!
invite us!

Comment

davys

macrumors regular
Mar 24, 2010
Lanark
Media event to announce iPad 3 will 7th February 2012.

Regards Tim Cook

Sent from my 256mb iPad3

Comment

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Reasonable question.

Right now, they're heavily promoting iPad 2 online as a valentines day gift. That's Feb 14. Now, bearing in mind that they have to keep iPad 3 under wraps until the 30-day no questions refund period expires for the valentine's day wave of purchases (to avoid a knee-jerk tsunami of returns), I'd say no earlier than around March 16.

Maybe add a week or two, just so it isn't patently obvious what's going on?

Last week in March is my guess.

Comment

jb1280

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2009
Reasonable question.

Right now, they're heavily promoting iPad 2 online as a valentines day gift. That's Feb 14. Now, bearing in mind that they have to keep iPad 3 under wraps until the 30-day no questions refund period expires for the valentine's day wave of purchases (to avoid a knee-jerk tsunami of returns), I'd say no earlier than around March 16.

Apple did the exact same thing for Valentine's Day last year. They had an event on 2 March with launch 9 days later. I don't think Apple is concerned about such an issue that you describe.

Comment

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
Apple did the exact same thing for Valentine's Day last year. They had an event on 2 March with launch 9 days later. I don't think Apple is concerned about such an issue that you describe.
You could be right. I see they're pushing their engraving service for the valentines day purchases. Once it's engraved with something soppy, sentimental and irreplaceable, there's probably less risk of it being returned.

Comment

borgqueenx

macrumors 65816
Jul 16, 2010
Reasonable question.

the media event could be march and the launch ofc a bit later, but the announcement of the media event, the invitations, thats where i'm curious at.
Im such a idiot that i even cancel all appointments or work to watch that media event on the internet.

Comment

LeeM

macrumors 6502a
Jan 1, 2012
You could be right. I see they're pushing their engraving service for the valentines day purchases. Once it's engraved with something soppy, sentimental and irreplaceable, there's probably less risk of it being returned.
I thought you could only return an engraved one if it was faulty?

Comment

Arran

macrumors 601
Mar 7, 2008
Atlanta, USA
I thought you could only return an engraved one if it was faulty?
I didn't know that. So that means there's no risk of elective returns. Nice for Apple. No wonder they push the engraving.

In fact, going off at a tangent if I might, an engraved one is probably worth less on eBay, which might help keep it off eBay, which keeps demand for new ones high. Clever Apple!

Comment

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
the media event could be march and the launch ofc a bit later, but the announcement of the media event, the invitations, thats where i'm curious at.
Invitations to the media events usually appear about a week before the event.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.