When would a speed bump be announced?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Barney63, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Barney63 macrumors 6502a

Barney63

If they do announce a minor spec bump or price drop for the rMBP at WWDC when would they likely announce it?
    Would it be at the keynote on Monday or during the week at one of the other presentations?

Barney

2. mtj111 macrumors member

At the keynote. The store will go down a few hours beforehand, then straight after the keynote all the refreshed hardware will be available to buy.

3. citivolus macrumors 6502a

How about at retail stores? Are spec bumped MacBooks typically available for pickup on the day they are announced?

4. rick3000 macrumors 6502a

rick3000

Normally, they announce new hardware is available the same day in Apple stores, but I would definitely double check with the store.

5. Plerf macrumors newbie

Sometimes they just get a press release and are not mentioned in the keynote.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Is a minor spec bump even worth mentioning during the keynote? Wouldn't be just silently made today or tomorrow, i.e., showing up in the apple store?

7. MCAsan macrumors 601

MCAsan

Agreed. If nothing is said at WWDC in a few hours, then check the Apple store to see what has been updated. Plus any new models may be at the Apple stores by tomorrow morning, if not later today depending on your time zone.

8. Agent-P macrumors 68030

Agent-P

So, I guess there was no price drop/spec bump today? A friend of mine was waiting for today to buy a new MBP in hopes of either of those happening.

9. Barney63 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Barney63

I sent mine back at the end of last week, expecting the minor bump today. I will give it until the end of the week before ordering again

Barney