When would apple add the multitouch gestures to iOS?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by killer971, Apr 11, 2011.

1. killer971 macrumors newbie

When does apple plan to add this feature to iOS? I know that it was planned for iOS 4.3. I was really looking forward to this function. :D

2. KeithJenner macrumors 6502a

We don't know when (or if) it will be added.

I don't think it was actually planned for 4.3. It was just included on one of the betas so developers could try it out. If I recall correctly, the notes on that beta stated that it wasn't going to be in the released version.

3. killer971 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it should be added it is one of the best features I have ever seen on the iTouch and I'm not planning to jailbreak my iTouch so I have to wait for the official version of it. I just hope it would be added at least to some beta version because I'm learning Objective-C at the moment and I want to become an app developer :)

4. Darth.Titan macrumors 68030

Darth.Titan

The screen on the iPod Touch and iPhone is too small for four finger gestures.

I expect these gestures to be iPad only.

5. aNYthing24 macrumors member

Well I mean you can enable them if you jailbreak your iDevice.

6. radinojr macrumors newbie

Ipod Touch

7. L I G H T I N G macrumors regular

What exactly is multi touch gesture?

Isn't two fingers enough on the iTouch...after all it only has a 3.5 inch screen

8. killer971 thread starter macrumors newbie

When I have seen those videos with this feature I didn't have the feeling that the display is too small..... I am a bit afraid of jailbreaking my device :(

9. aNYthing24 macrumors member

What are you worried about? Voiding your warranty?

10. Dustman macrumors 65816

Dustman

I've tried it on my jailbroken iPhone. I didn't even realize I had installed it, but Multitouch Gestures was an option in Settings. Pinch to go back to the home screen is really clumsy on such a small screen. To try to pinch all 5 fingers is a lot harder than hitting the home button. As for bringing up the multitasking tray, that wasnt too bad. I see this being most useful for switching apps though by swiping left/right.

11. killer971 thread starter macrumors newbie

Not afraid of voiding the warranty but some people got a useless brick after jailbreaking. I wouldn't like to have a brick out of my itouch and restore not always works...