Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
So, I am ready to plop down around $2K on a brand new Apple computer, most likely an the iMac. It appears as though it would be wise to wait. I know this is being asked a lot these days, but new iMacs are due to be announced this year, will they combine it with the iPhone event, or sometime after? I would imagine these would be available for the Christmas season.

The real question is IF new machines are announced, how long in everyone's experience will resellers get them (BH photo). It makes so much more sense for me to purchase there to save on tax.

Thanks!

Weaselboy

Staff member
Jan 23, 2005
California
I have seen them hit retailers very fast. In 2012 I bought a new MacBook from Amazon that hit Amazon one day after they arrived in the Apple Store.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

CWallace

macrumors G5
Aug 17, 2007
Seattle, WA
I imagine it depends on how many models are being updated. If it is just the MacBook Pro, they may do it as "One More Thing" at the iPhone event. If they will be updating more models, then we will get a separate Mac-themed event, probably in October.

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
To be honest I can see them waiting until next year to update the iMac, they will have to wait for the relevant Kabylake chips and they aren't due to early 2017. They may do a silent graphics update to Polaris this fall but they avoid that where they can.

Reactions: keysofanxiety

RedlegsFan

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 15, 2012
That's good. I plan to purchase an iMac and have it delivered while I am off for two weeks at the end of December. It might be tough with it being the Christmas season too, so I will just have to monitor the stock.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.