When would resellers get new iMacs?

Discussion in 'iMac' started by RedlegsFan, Aug 11, 2016.

1. RedlegsFan macrumors 6502

So, I am ready to plop down around $2K on a brand new Apple computer, most likely an the iMac. It appears as though it would be wise to wait. I know this is being asked a lot these days, but new iMacs are due to be announced this year, will they combine it with the iPhone event, or sometime after? I would imagine these would be available for the Christmas season.

The real question is IF new machines are announced, how long in everyone's experience will resellers get them (BH photo). It makes so much more sense for me to purchase there to save on tax.

Thanks!

2. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

I have seen them hit retailers very fast. In 2012 I bought a new MacBook from Amazon that hit Amazon one day after they arrived in the Apple Store.

3. CWallace macrumors 603

CWallace

I imagine it depends on how many models are being updated. If it is just the MacBook Pro, they may do it as "One More Thing" at the iPhone event. If they will be updating more models, then we will get a separate Mac-themed event, probably in October.

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 604

To be honest I can see them waiting until next year to update the iMac, they will have to wait for the relevant Kabylake chips and they aren't due to early 2017. They may do a silent graphics update to Polaris this fall but they avoid that where they can.

5. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

They're usually available very quickly, I've seen similar situations that @Weaselboy mentioned.

6. RedlegsFan thread starter macrumors 6502

That's good. I plan to purchase an iMac and have it delivered while I am off for two weeks at the end of December. It might be tough with it being the Christmas season too, so I will just have to monitor the stock.