When you become a developer, where do you submit your device to allow install?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by yalag, Mar 31, 2009.

1. yalag macrumors 65816

I keep hearing that you can't install OS 3.0 unless you are a developer because once you become a developer you can list your device to be a valid device for the install. And also that you can add other devices (a friend's for example) to this list to allow for this install. Where do I do this? Now that I am a developer.

2. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

Go to the iphone dev center then click on developer portal (on the right).. then go to devices.

3. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

Thank you jmccullough108, but how does this work? Any device listed in this 100 list will be allowed to install? Does OS 3.0 phones home to check this list or what?

4. jmccullough108 macrumors 6502a

jmccullough108

According the license agreement you signed when you signed up, it's only for your own devices.. But yes, each ID thats added can install the beta with no problems.

5. yalag thread starter macrumors 65816

do you know how this list get verified? I mean, I'm just a little curious because once I am able to download the 3.0 DMG, I can send that file to another. And they can just restore with it, how is the list used at all? If even.

6. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what it does.

7. benflick macrumors 68020

benflick

When you try to update your phone, iTunes will check your iPhone's UDID to make sure that it is registered.