When you Pre-Order online using the Apple Program, do you have to put any money down right away?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by djty392, Sep 8, 2016.

1. djty392 macrumors newbie

Or just the first months payment? How does that work? Since they'll be charging you per month. What do you have to pay up front if anything?

2. Andrew.s macrumors 6502

Andrew.s

You'll pay tax on the full cost and the first months payment with the iPhone Upgrade Program. I personally have it and that's what I was charged to start the program. Now that it's offered online it shouldn't be any different than in store.

3. bluedukies8 macrumors 6502

bluedukies8

If I remember correctly you just reserve the phone online tonight. Then when you go to the Apple Store at your scheduled pick-up time, you only pay tax on the phone. This sets up the payment plan for the phone and then you will be billed the next month.

^above post has it right. My payment in store was like $90 something. Tax and first month.

4. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502a

SisterBlue22

Correct - if it works like last year, you pay nothing at time of pre-order. When you pick up, you're charged all of the tax plus the first month's payment. Has to be a credit (not debit) card. Once you're set up, you can use the Citizen website to change your future payments to come from a debit card, bank account, etc. But that initial payment has to be on a credit card.

5. clborden macrumors regular

clborden

I'm sorry guys, but is this the "iPhone Forever" program, or is this something else? Like would I be leasing the phone from Apple? Or am I really missing something here?

When I heard this announced last year, I assumed it was a deal made with cell phone carriers.

So while I'm preordering, do I look for this option under payment? Or do I apply for it first, then I can use this option?

Thanks.

6. Tekzilla macrumors regular

Tekzilla

Wait, if we do this plan we can't get the phone delivered?