When you preorder.....?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kingballin20, Jun 8, 2010.

1. kingballin20 macrumors regular

kingballin20

How does apple/Att know your situation? Like I will be predordering, but since my update isn't until next July, how will they know? Or will they straight up charge me then?

2. falconman515 macrumors 6502a

falconman515

Apple has direct access to your account details and upgrade eligibility just as if they were an at&t rep.

They will know your plan and all details.

3. plusonechoi macrumors member

what if its in the case that i will switching to AT&T and need to port a number? Will i still be able to preorder the iPhone 4 have it sent to my home and then bring it into AT&T store to handle the rest?

4. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

New lines cannot be preordered.

5. taskmanager macrumors regular

I can upgrade, I just don't know if I should. I hate that it is on at&t.. I wish jobs would listen to the heckler

6. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Is this really true? It seems a little strange as I am a potential new iphone customer but would want to pre-order. Where did you hear this?

Edit: I looked this up, the pre-order fact sheet states that new customers can preorder 1 iphone.

7. elephunkman macrumors 65816

You can preorder the device and do pre-authorization, but the purchase and account setup will have to be done in store.

8. jbg232 macrumors 65816

jbg232

Ok, that makes sense, but you CAN pre-order as a new customer

9. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

MAN, that's not what you said earlier! :p

10. dave006 Contributor

dave006

OK, let's clear this up. As a new customer you can pre-order one iPhone 4 per service address for home delivery and also port your number to AT&T without ever leaving your home! :eek::eek::eek:

You can pre-order from AT&T or Apple.

If you are new to AT&T and want to try the service before you port, you can select a temp number with AT&T and you have 30 days to contact the porting department to port your number to AT&T.

Dave