When you reserve for in store pick up

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by nhamp07, Sep 22, 2013.

1. nhamp07 macrumors regular

Does it charge you at the time of reserving online or when you pick it up in store?

I ordered online but Im in the 7-10 business day group and would love to score one early, but I have my upgrade Im dealing with. So I need to get my upgrade back before i pay.

2. user-name-here macrumors 65816

You can't order online for in store pick up at this time...

Either have to:
    - Go in person to get one that day
    - Buy online and wait until delivery

3. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

It's supposedly starting tomorrow at 10PM.

4. nhamp07 thread starter macrumors regular

so when it does start how does the payment work? online immediately or in store?

5. leebroath, Sep 22, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 22, 2013

leebroath macrumors 6502

leebroath

Really? where did you get this info ?? :eek:

If I remember correctly, last years reservations was bad...you couldn't reserve what you wanted for days on end

6. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

Reservations-for-In-Store-Next-Day-Pickup-to-Start-Monday-(23-Sep)
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1642765

7. fieldsphotos macrumors 6502

Last year you purchased the phone up front on the website just like you were ordering it online. That was nice because you had several days to actually pick it up in the store since you had already paid. (handy if you live far from the Apple store and can't get there during the work week)

It was a nightmare to actually reserve one last year, at least in SoCal. Took me several weeks to get the VZW phones in the colors and sizes we wanted.

8. omgitscro macrumors 6502a

omgitscro

I was told an hour ago that online reservations for in-store pickup would begin tonight (September 22) at 11pm EST, at least in my area (Pittsburgh). I assume that the system will go online nationally though.

9. veedubshafer macrumors 6502

YEEEEEHAAAAAW!!!! Let the iPhone 5s lottery begin!!!!!!!!

10. laurasaur25 macrumors member

I'd like to know the same thing. My online order is in the "October" delivery group but I don't want to cancel that until I know for sure I have one reserved. But I don't want to pay until it's cancelled since I used an upgrade. It'd be nice if I could reserve, cancel my previous order, and pay when picking up (once the upgrade has been restored).