When you reserved...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Vertigo50, Jun 15, 2010.

1. Vertigo50 macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

I have a question about the reservation process.

NOTE: I am NOT asking about people who pre-ordered to have it shipped.

Did you get asked for your email or Apple ID at some point?

I didn't, and my reservation just ended on the "See You At the Store" screen, but I didn't get an email later.

Anyone else have this experience?

2. FamiliaPhoto macrumors 6502a

FamiliaPhoto

When I was trying to pre-order earlier today I went the reservation path and had the same experience. I never received a confirmation of the reservation so I'm assuming it did not go through.

3. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

Did you get the "See you at the store" screen that told you to bring your ID and such?

I didn't get a confirmation email, but it only asked me for my phone number and social, but not my email. So it would seem to make sense that they didn't send me an email, since they don't have it.

I don't know.

4. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

i recieved a confirmation email within 10mins of reserving

5. Clix Pix macrumors demi-goddess

Clix Pix

8 miles from the Apple Store at Tysons (VA)
    I was asked for my email address and within a few minutes of having gone through the reservation process did receive an email confirming my reservation. I promptly printed it out and also am keeping it on my current iPhone and iPad to show at the Apple store if necessary.

6. Mosco macrumors regular

There are a lot of threads with people talking about this.

It seems there was some kind of bug that people were running into that allowed them to reserve a phone without logging in with the apple id or providing any name/number.

You should have had to give them details at some point and you should have gotten an email.

If neither of these happened, then you might be out of luck.

7. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

At one point did it ask for an Apple ID or email for you guys?

8. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

During my many attempts to reserve today there was one time it told me to select which apple store for the reservation. However, it didn't ask me for any other information like an email address or something, but I got the "See You at the Store" screen. I never did get an email which made me think it didn't work properly. I tried a few more times after work and then it asked me for my iTunes info, then I got a "Your reservation is confirmed" screen followed by the confirmation email a few minutes later.

My guess is if you didn't get a prompt to enter your iTunes account info, it may not have worked.

9. smalls78 macrumors newbie

saw this posted in another thread (i cannot take credit for the info):

download the Apple Store app
    navigate to the store you chose during your reservation
    choose the reservations tab
    my reservation shows up w/the model and release date (i hope your's does too)

10. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I experienced this bug too. I tried for seven hours to make a real reservation, and was unable to get through so I eventually gave up. However, now that their website is working, it says no more reservations are available, but some iPhones will still be available in Apple Stores on a first come first serve basis on the 24th, so that's what I'll do.

11. nfl46 macrumors 604

It asked me for my Apple ID and password.

12. email68 macrumors regular

Apparently one of my reservation attempts went through without me knowing.

I ended up going to an ATT store and ordering it for delivery.

Now I found a reservation confirmation email from Apple for the 24th ;-)

13. iCHiRS macrumors member

just checked it with this app....BOOM...! It's nice seeing that "reserved 32GB iPhone 4" on the screen :D:):D:)

14. Vertigo50 thread starter macrumors 65816

Vertigo50

It's not showing up in the app for me, but there's virtually no way it could, since they didn't ask for my ID or email when I reserved.

I'll try calling the store tomorrow and see if they can confirm my reservation. I think the best I can hope for is that I'm on the list under just my name and phone number, and maybe social.

Otherwise, I guess I'll take my chances with the line.

15. manjaap macrumors member

So I have a confirmation email for the 24th but I am unable to see my reservation online or in the store app. is this a problem?

16. CooKieMoNs7eR macrumors 68000

CooKieMoNs7eR

YES, and here is the message that I got at the end,"Thanks for reserving your iPhone for pickup at the Apple Retail Store on June 24 starting at 7:00 a.m. You’ll receive an email confirmation shortly and we’ll have your iPhone ready and waiting for you when you come in to the store to pick up and pay."

17. Trauma1 macrumors 6502a

On your printout does it give you a confirmation number or any sort of unique identifier? In other words, could fifty other people who did not reserve one use the same printout and deplete the store's inventory? I know for a fact that when previous iPhones (and maybe even iPads) were reserved employees just looked at the email and grabbed the nearest box without looking up their info in the system.

18. Studio Dweller macrumors member

Reserved mine this morning (after many attempts) on Apple.com. I was asked for my Apple ID and password and I received a confirmation email about 20 minutes later. After nearly 4 hours of attempts I couldn't get my wife's pre-order through before I had to leave for the day, but she was successful late in the afternoon via the Apple Store app. We both have our reservations showing up in the Apple Store app.

19. billy3785 macrumors regular

billy3785

put in my apple id. i need to release it though cuz i ended up preordering!