When your iPad is not in use

Discussion in 'iPad' started by sbojevets, Jun 3, 2011.

1. sbojevets macrumors member

Hey guys just got an iPad 2 here just wondering if the battery life is what I am to expect. I know it's 10hrs but I see myself charging it every night because it can't last the 8hrs + the day ahead. I use it than 30mins each time, no games.

When you guys are not using it, do you keep the wifi + 3G running or do you close all connections? Does anyone have any standby timings if a fully charged iPad 2 were to standby till it got flat?

How long can an iPad standby with wifi and no wifi?

Thanks guys

2. poloponies macrumors 68030

Not a scientific study, but I use mine for a daily commute (from 40 minutes up to an hour, each way) and occasionally throughout the day and I charge every 3rd day or so, leaving 3G and WiFi on constantly.

3. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Same for me.

4. SFENDER macrumors newbie

I don't charge it often and use it daily. Maybe once every 3-4 days. I leave the wifi on all the time as well.

5. henry2 macrumors regular

henry2

i use mine all day long for diff thing's and it get plug in at night along with my iphone on the desktop set up i use ..

6. gatearray macrumors 65816

I always get at least 10 hours of battery life. I think you should calibrate the battery. Run it down to zero (the iPad will actually shut itself down) and then charge it up to full overnight. Do this once a month to maintain optimal battery health. Hope this helps. :)

7. seepel macrumors 6502

seepel

I watch a lot of netflix/hulu on mine. No quantitative numbers, but I probably watch more than I should/have time for. I leave the wifi on all the time and I end up charging it every 3-4 days or so.