When's the last time you've fallen?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by hcuar, Nov 26, 2007.

1. hcuar macrumors 65816

hcuar

I have a two year old that falls all the time. Against the will of my wife, i even crack up sometimes because she's so daring even after taking a major spill.

That being said... i fell over a christmas present my wife's family sent. I was trying to walk down my foyer to my living room without turning on the light. Needless to say i found the massive box. It hurt like hell and it came to me... god i haven't fallen like that in years. I didn't seem to break anything, but i could feel the bone in my arm flex. Kinda freaky... so... that being said.

When's the last time you've fallen and felt like a kid again?

God, i'm getting old :rolleyes:.

2. Oryan macrumors 6502a

Oryan

A couple weeks ago I was drinking with some friends. After many beers I got the idea to run up a few flights of stairs in a very narrow stairwell with lots of turns in it... while carrying an 8 foot (3m) pvc pipe. Needless to say I was not successful. On the second landing I ran straight into the wall and collapsed. To my friends below, all they heard was a loud crash and the pvc pipe bouncing back down the stairs. :eek:

3. eRondeau macrumors 6502a

eRondeau

Attached Files:

4. foidulus macrumors 6502a

Decided it was a good idea

to ride my bike in the snow on Sunday. Did make a nice little outline of myself in the snow on the road though:rolleyes:

5. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

i ran into a log on my bike, dont ride fast at night through fields..., did a flip over my bike and a nice dive into concrete. Nothing hurt but my pride... and my legs and arms which lost a considerable amount of blood... that was about 6 months ago.

6. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

Fell down the stairs 2 weeks ago. Thought for sure I broke my foot, but I didn't. My patients had a good laugh about it. "Good 'ol drunken Dr. Ray..."

7. me_94501 macrumors 65816

me_94501

I don't remember the last time I fell, but about two years ago I ended up on the ground while riding my bike. I was out riding on a paved bike path along the Bay. I went off the path into the dirt to pass someone. When I tried going back onto the path itself, I hit the asphalt lip at a weird angle and my bike went skidding on its side. Somehow I only ended up with a scraped elbow and leg.

8. todd2000 macrumors 68000

The last time I "fell" was yesterday. I was crouching, and I tried to pick up one of our cats. I lost my balance, and wound up on my back with a 20Lb cat on top of me :) (Yes our cat weighs 20Lbs) No wonder I lost my balance LOL

9. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

A couple of weeks ago when one of the 4" heels of my boots snapped clean off as I was negotiating steps in Waterloo station. Coffee and bag spilled everywhere... I still have a tender purple and yellowish bruise about 4 inches in diameter on the right cheek of my arse. :D

I wasn't laughing at the time, mind.

10. bartelby macrumors Core

11. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

That can be arranged. ;)

12. bartelby macrumors Core

You're reinforcing that non-intimidating thing again! :p

13. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

4" heels? In waterloo station? That's either very brave or very...

Ever considered doing the stiletto run?

14. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Hey, these heels and others make their way through London all the time. Gotta be glammed up and have my power-boots on for the working day. Not my fault the boots were faulty, and fully replaced by the shop I got them from.

15. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

Ok. So you're very brave. Try the stiletto run in amsterdam or berlin some time. You stand a good chance of winning

16. teflon macrumors 6502a

teflon

Wow, I admire those of you who don't fall for months/years! I don't think a week goes by when I don't somehow hurt myself. Today I bumped my knee against a table leg. Hmmm the last time I fell was about 4 days ago. I was performing a play on stage and slipped and fell as I strided across the stage :eek:. Landed with my thumb touching the stage first and snapped the thumb nail almost in half. I had to switch hand and change all my two hand motions to one handed motion. Surprisingly no one realized that I was dripping blood on stage. I fell again about 2 days before that when I was at backstage at the theatre for rehearsals, and I bumped and tripped over blocks in the dark. I tried to jump up on to the stage on the same day, and landed on my knees :eek:.

17. apfhex macrumors 68030

apfhex

Hmm. I've probably toppled over into the dirt or grass a time or two in the last couple years, but there are two memorable moments: one where I tripped on a curb only a inch or so high in front of the Post Office (landed on hands and knees) — that's what I get for wearing sunglasses I guess :rolleyes: — and the other where I got out of bed with my leg unknowingly asleep and just came crashing right down onto the floor (nicked the top of my foot on metal edge of bed frame, nothing serious), that one quite hilarious to me.

18. oblomow macrumors 68020

oblomow

I can't remember when I've fallen for the last time. Can't be that long ago, having two kids who use the entire living room as their private Lego testing ground.

19. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

I almost fell up the stars at work on Sunday, managed to balance myself though.

Last bad fall I had resulted in a dislocated ankle. Yummy.

20. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

I fall constantly. But then, I'm a rock climber/boulderer/builderer/traceur, so I'm constantly putting myself into situations where I fall.

Not including safe falls where I'm in a gym or using a crash pad, the last time I fell was about three weeks ago, from a height of about ten feet from a sign. Landed on my iPod Touch (it survived). Prior to that I fell off a coffee shop, before that off a nightclub, off a train (not moving), off a theatre...

I know about a dozen safe-fall techniques, and if I tuck and roll I can take a fifteen foot fall without injury, usually. I fractured a bone in my foot on the coffee shop fall, but that was onto concrete.

21. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Can I watch! ;)

22. adrianblaine macrumors 65816

adrianblaine

On Thanksgiving before dinner we were playing football and I tripped and fell. I was a little sore after that. The last time I fell before that was almost a year ago when I was going to school in Michigan, I slipped on some ice and I actually ended up denting part of my MBP... :mad:

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

I was trying to remember the last time that I fell. It has been a while as I can't remember of the top of my head.

However, tonight when getting out of a cab in Kimchee land, I banged my knee twice and had trouble standing up. :mad:

24. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

the last time i fell badly was when i was skating at a skatepark. i was ollieing (jumping) onto a long high box which had been waxed on the side for grinding. my wheels slipped on the wax and i fell backwards and sort of twisted half way around to brace myself but landed on the side of my head. i knocked myself out. i remember my vision slowly coming back into focus on my friend saying "are you alright". i felt ****** for the rest of the day.

hey i know you guys are gonna say u shoulda worn a helmet, but its the only time ive ever hit my head on the ground and im fine. plus street skaters never wear them (as opposed to vert skaters who have to wear them) and they get in the way.

25. letsgorangers macrumors 6502

a year and a half ago, i fell off a bike i was test-riding (HA!). knee surgery resulted.

when i was a freshman in college i was walking down a huge set of icy stairs outside and slipped and fell. my ID was in my back pocket and cleanly snapped in half -- they replaced it for free haha.