When's the next Apple 'Event' that could bring new systems?

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors 601
Original poster
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
After the whole Mac Mini B waiting thread I've been wondering what possible dates (apart from Tuesdays) do updates possibly come? I've heard they often appear after Mac Expos or Developer Conventions etc. When are the next few of these 'events'?

I'd really like to wait a bit until the Mac Mini Rev B comes out. The x86 switch I can handle since come two years time it'll be time for my Dell 8600 laptop to go into retirement, at which point a dual booting Apple will do me nicely!

Phil

Makosuke

macrumors 603
Aug 15, 2001
The Cool Part of CA, USA
Well, the next big one is Apple Expo Paris, on the 20th of September. Being a consumer show, that'd be a good place to announce a new consumer product, but I'm not sure that Apple's going to let the iBooks sit that long.

I think the generic "any Tuesday now" seems more likely unless there's going to be a drastic iBook redesign that Apple feels worth trumpeting. Seems like that day will more likely be saved for the transition to Pentium M chips, which would be Macworld in January at the absolute earliest (probably not until summer realistically), and the'll just be speedbumps in between, though.

x86isslow

macrumors 6502a
Aug 10, 2003
USA
steve jobs doesn't like the boston expo too much. its *definitely* not a very big expo anymore, since apple doesn't attend