Where and how do I contact tech BLOGGERS or WRITERS?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by AtlasDock, Apr 2, 2014.

1. AtlasDock, Apr 2, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2014

AtlasDock macrumors newbie

I have a couple questions about bloggers and writers. And im looking for some insight if you are able to answer.

-I've read the last few days that they charge to write reviews about products, is this true? If so how much? (can you give an example?)

-How can I contact them? Any better way than email or linkedin?

-Is there any forums where bloggers go?

I sent out a bit of emails and linkedin messages to see if they are interested in my gadget/tech project, and to get feed back. I got a few replies, but.. the turn around rate is VERY low. The ones who do read the emails are very interested though! What am I doing wrong?

I'm not trying to advertise, i'm just looking for help which is the purpose of a forum.

2. Jessica Lares macrumors G3

Jessica Lares

I don't charge, I usually just settle for a review copy I can keep. I'm actually still using an iPad Mini case I got as a review copy early last year. You have to realize though, that it's not just about money. Anyone could drop $20,000 into someone's bank account, but if your readers don't respond to it, then it's not worth the effort to post about it.

E-mail is the best way to communicate, and you just have to take the silence as a no thank you.

Don't hang around niche message boards. They are full of people trying to make a quick buck out of CPA and affiliate links, and their blogs stuffed with search friendly keywords. You most likely will get blacklisted by Google going that route.

I think you said in a post that you were doing a Kickstarter? (I see you paused funding for the original) Get yourself a website, a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and give yourself some presence on YouTube or Vimeo, and you will have an easier time with your project.

3. Apple fanboy macrumors Core

Apple fanboy

Good advice. Get as much free PR as you can.

----------

And there's nothing wrong with having a signature pointing to your project page.

4. AtlasDock thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the advice, I changed my signature! :)

5. AtlasDock thread starter macrumors newbie

I got a few more people to help out! anyone else? :D

6. fabla1 macrumors newbie

Could I be of help?

I don't mind helping out :), however, would I be required to purchase the devices myself, or can I get them on loan? Where should I email a sample of work?

7. AtlasDock thread starter macrumors newbie

I sent you a reply.. no answer.