Where and how do I contact tech BLOGGERS or WRITERS?

AtlasDock

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 16, 2014
I have a couple questions about bloggers and writers. And im looking for some insight if you are able to answer.

-I've read the last few days that they charge to write reviews about products, is this true? If so how much? (can you give an example?)

-How can I contact them? Any better way than email or linkedin?

-Is there any forums where bloggers go?

I sent out a bit of emails and linkedin messages to see if they are interested in my gadget/tech project, and to get feed back. I got a few replies, but.. the turn around rate is VERY low. The ones who do read the emails are very interested though! What am I doing wrong?

I'm not trying to advertise, i'm just looking for help which is the purpose of a forum.

Last edited:

Jessica Lares

macrumors G3
Oct 31, 2009
Near Dallas, Texas, USA
I don't charge, I usually just settle for a review copy I can keep. I'm actually still using an iPad Mini case I got as a review copy early last year. You have to realize though, that it's not just about money. Anyone could drop $20,000 into someone's bank account, but if your readers don't respond to it, then it's not worth the effort to post about it.

E-mail is the best way to communicate, and you just have to take the silence as a no thank you.

Don't hang around niche message boards. They are full of people trying to make a quick buck out of CPA and affiliate links, and their blogs stuffed with search friendly keywords. You most likely will get blacklisted by Google going that route.

I think you said in a post that you were doing a Kickstarter? (I see you paused funding for the original) Get yourself a website, a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and give yourself some presence on YouTube or Vimeo, and you will have an easier time with your project.

Apple fanboy

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 21, 2012
Behind the Lens, UK
I don't charge, I usually just settle for a review copy I can keep.

thats pretty standard. We send out review products to publishers, and never get them back.
E-mail is the best way to communicate, and you just have to take the silence as a no thank you.I'm not so sure about these. I work in an office where we get hundreds of new products emails every week. Hardly any even get read.

Don't hang around niche message boards. They are full of people trying to make a quick buck out of CPA and affiliate links, and their blogs stuffed with search friendly keywords. You most likely will get blacklisted by Google going that route.

I think you said in a post that you were doing a Kickstarter? (I see you paused funding for the original) Get yourself a website, a Facebook page, a Twitter account, and give yourself some presence on YouTube or Vimeo, and you will have an easier time with your project.
Good advice. Get as much free PR as you can.

----------

I have a couple questions about bloggers and writers. And im looking for some insight if you are able to answer.

-I've read the last few days that they charge to write reviews about products, is this true? If so how much? (can you give an example?)

-How can I contact them? Any better way than email or linkedin?

-Is there any forums where bloggers go?

I sent out a bit of emails and linkedin messages to see if they are interested in my gadget/tech project, and to get feed back. I got a few replies, but.. the turn around rate is VERY low. The ones who do read the emails are very interested though! What am I doing wrong?

I'm not trying to advertise, i'm just looking for help which is the purpose of a forum.
And there's nothing wrong with having a signature pointing to your project page.

fabla1

macrumors newbie
Apr 13, 2014
Could I be of help?

I got a few more people to help out! anyone else? :D
I don't mind helping out :), however, would I be required to purchase the devices myself, or can I get them on loan? Where should I email a sample of work?