Where are downloaded updates stored

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Wagwaan, Apr 30, 2014.

1. Wagwaan macrumors newbie

I left my iphone 5 on charge last night and it automatically downloaded the new update which I don't want to install. The problem is it seems to be taking up 2 gb of space which I can't really do without and I don't know how to delete the update off my phone. I downloaded ifunbox and tried looking for it but I can't seen to find it. On my iphone it only gives me an option to install it and not delete it. Can someone please help me and tell me which folder contains the file or tell me a way to delete the update as it's taking up my memory. I am running ios 7.04 on an iphone 5. Thanks

2. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

3. Pharmscott macrumors 6502a

Pharmscott

Instead of trying to delete the update, how about restoring the phone to your last backup in iTunes?

4. Tyler23 macrumors 603

Tyler23

Because restoring the phone will force you to update.

5. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

I'm curious as to why you don't want to install iOS 7.1.1?

6. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

Mostl likely on iOS 6 still since he said it was 2gb. 7.1.1 was only 25 mb

7. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

He says in his post that he's on iOS 7.0.4.

8. Afbar1114 macrumors 6502a

9. Tmilicia macrumors newbie

Just did this last night. Go into Settings - General - Usage, the downloaded update will be listed there and you can delete it.

10. The Doctor11 macrumors 603

The Doctor11

Just back up to icloud wipe the phone clean and restore. That's what I do and you'll gain a crap load of space.

11. Wagwaan thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the comments and there are few reasons why I don't want to update or restore from itunes. Firstly I'm in a small town in Saudi arbia and there are no apple stores or anything here so I don't want to risk updating incase problems occur. I can't speak any Arabic so if something does happen I won't be able to get any help so I'm gona wait until I go back to the uk in 3 months .Secondly Im in two minds whether to jailbreak or not. Another reason is I have a couple of calling apps which are registered to my uk number and I have few hundred dollars worth of credit on them and if I restore my iphone from a backup I won't be able to get my credit back without the number I registered though I think I've also lost the SIM card which could be a bit if a problem.i don't know why the update is so big all I know is that I after I left it on charge a couple if hours the update had been downloaded and was asking if it should be installed which I declined and it's taken up 1.8 gb of space. I also went to usage but I couldn't find the update in there.

12. C DM macrumors Westmere

I think that was only introduced in iOS 7.1, so prior to that version you won't be able to see/delete the update there.