Where are good places to shop for iPhone X cases?

Luba

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
I went on apple.com and was thinking of getting a Tech21 case as I like how it's grippy for my 6s+ but the case won't be available until mid-November, after Nov 3rd. I also considered Otter, but they are also not available on Nov 3rd. I thought Apple's silicone case to be too hard rubber like, and not grippy. Any ideas on cases that are grippy that I can buy on Nov 3rd or before? And where I could get it? Thanks!

thatJohann

macrumors 65816
Jul 5, 2013
NYC
Seems no Apple Stores around me will have iPhone X cases in stock and online nthey don't ship until after the launch, gonna have to find a cheapo case to hold me over until I can get the apple leather case

Luba

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 22, 2009
Amazon has them in stock and at slight discount. Bought a Commuter yesterday for delivery tomorrow.
Have you used an Otter before? Looks protective. It’s just a bit big and bulky.

Chupa Chupa

macrumors G5
Jul 16, 2002
Have you used an Otter before? Looks protective. It’s just a bit big and bulky.
No, this will be the first time. Previously I just picked up a thin $5 generic case to mostly protect against scratches. Given the cost of the X and more importantly the repair cost I wanted something more protective this time. The original Otterbox Defender is a tank - yes, too bulky unless you are doing hazard duty. The Symmetry and Commuter are thinner and more everyday friendly. I bought the Commuter which I found an acceptable compromise between protection and bulk. I want my phone to be able to with stand a 6ft drop which is child's play for Otterbox. Any Target or BestBuy should have them for other phones if you want to see what they are like.

AE14

macrumors 68000
Jul 9, 2013
Philly Burbs
I went to my local Best Buy today and they were loaded with X cases. Unfortunately for me, I have the 8+ and they had more X cases.